CBOT wants piece of electricity futures action
- Nymex may win after-hours deal. Feiden, Douglas; Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;9/13/93, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the advantage gained by the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) due to Chicago Board of Trade's refusal to trade its Globex after-hours German systems contract to competitor. Missed opportunity of Chicago exchange to improve performance; Possibility of NYMEX to pick up the business.
- Exchanges vie for power. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;11/23/98, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p5
Announces the Chicago Board of Trade and the New York Mercantile Exchange's launching of electricity futures trading in the Pennsylvania-New Jersey-Maryland power grid. Application with the Commodities Futures Trading Commission for permission to trade; Delivery of electricity to the buyer.
- CBOT, NYMEX add PJM contracts. // Electric Light & Power;Mar1999, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p20
Announces the sale of power future contracts for the PJM market by the Chicago Board of Trade and the New York Mercantile Exchange.
- Energetic link. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec94, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p16
Reports on the linkage of the after-hour trading systems of the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) and the Sydney Futures Exchange (SFE). ACCESS and SYCOM; Trading of West Texas Intermediate (WTI) futures directly from Sydney effective September 1, 1995; Agreement involving splitting of...
- Boy are times a-changin'. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2006, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p10
The article discusses the merger between two stock exchanges, Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) and Chicago Board of Trade. Though the merger was predicted in 2003, it occurred as a surprise in 2006, says the author. The merger denotes an influx in the industry. The exchanges are focusing on...
- Chartview. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1997, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p12
Presents the value of the stocks of Nymex company, Chicago Mercantile Exchange and Chicago Board of Trade in January 1997.
- CME Group Adds China Merchants Futures as Clearing Member. Safane, Jake // Global Custodian News;2013, p56
The article reports on the move by the CME Group as of November 2013 to accept China Merchants Futures as a clearing member of CME and its designated contract markets Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) in Illinois, New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) and Commodity Exchange (COMEX). According to...
- NYMEX members to hold shares? Schuessler, Heidi // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1994, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p19
Reports on plans to restructure the New York Mercantile Exchange. Reasons for proposed restructuring; Prospects for members.
- NY Merc will stay in city. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;8/8/94, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p30
Reports on the decision of the New York Mercantile Exchange to stay put in New York City and build a new office tower.