Bismarck, N.D., thinks over plans for arena project
- Civic splendor. Linn, C. // Architectural Record;Nov1991, Vol. 179 Issue 11, Lighting Supplement p40
Recounts how the Marin County (Calif.) government and Pacific Gas & Electric worked together to relight the exterior of the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Marin County Civic Center. Luminae Souter Lighting Design designed the changes, which save energy and improve the center's appearance. Funding;...
- The Gwinnett center. Lampert-Greaux, Ellen // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;May94, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p14
Discusses the design of the Gwinnett Civic and Cultural Center in Lawrenceville, Georgia. Architects; Theater and acoustical consultants; Multipurpose venue for community theater and dance performances; Materials; Three-storey curved facade; Rotunda as entrance and lobby; Semi-circular...
- 18,000 square foot trampoline fun center to open in Draper Nov. 1. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/13/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the plan to open the exercise and fun center Airborne Sports that features a large room of linked trampolines in Draper, Utah on November 1, 2010.
- Interpretive centre opens in former residential school. Hunter, Troy // Raven's Eye;Jul2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p2
The Ktunaxa Kinbasket Interpretive Centre, which is housed inside a former residential school, held its grand opening on June 19, 2003 near Cranbrook, British Columbia. A prayer song and an honour song were performed by the Sukni Singers, a local drum group. Then a podium was unveiled with a...
- New Visalia civic center in the works. Lieberman, Lisa // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/07/2003, Issue 323162, p1
Reports the construction of a civic center in Visalia, California. Goal of the city in constructing the center; Construction budget; Design of the civic center.
- CenterPlex takes center stage. Record, Jody // Business NH Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the proposed CenterPlex civic center in Manchester, New Hampshire. Future of the proposed civic center dependent on a referendum vote in June 1996; Benefits of a proposed center to the city and state; Planned functions of the center.
- Groups to watch. // Policy Review;May/Jun96, Issue 77, p57
Reports on developments about civic centers in the United States as of May 1996. Publication of a fourth Capital Research Center newsletter; Appointment of Kay Coles James as dean of Regent University's Robertson School of Government; Schedule of the Center for Jewish and Christian Values'...
- Manchester, Concord plan civic centers. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/14/95, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p4A
Reports on the civic center proposals of public and private development groups in Manchester and Concord, New Hampshire. Proposed multi-use arena in Manchester; Proposed multi-use business conference center in Concord; Cooperation between the cities.
- If Manchester (or any community) wants civic center, they should pay for it. Kurk, Neal // New Hampshire Business Review;6/23/95, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p1513
Argues that New Hampshire state should not be required to subsidize Manchester or any community wanting to have municipal civic center. Responsibility of any community to bear the financial burden; Demands of the crews of S.S. Centerplex to the state legislature; Inaccuracy in acknowledging...