Bismarck, N.D., thinks over plans for arena project
- Civic splendor. Linn, C. // Architectural Record;Nov1991, Vol. 179 Issue 11, Lighting Supplement p40
Recounts how the Marin County (Calif.) government and Pacific Gas & Electric worked together to relight the exterior of the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Marin County Civic Center. Luminae Souter Lighting Design designed the changes, which save energy and improve the center's appearance. Funding;...
- The Gwinnett center. Lampert-Greaux, Ellen // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;May94, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p14
Discusses the design of the Gwinnett Civic and Cultural Center in Lawrenceville, Georgia. Architects; Theater and acoustical consultants; Multipurpose venue for community theater and dance performances; Materials; Three-storey curved facade; Rotunda as entrance and lobby; Semi-circular...
- 18,000 square foot trampoline fun center to open in Draper Nov. 1. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/13/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the plan to open the exercise and fun center Airborne Sports that features a large room of linked trampolines in Draper, Utah on November 1, 2010.
- Interpretive centre opens in former residential school. Hunter, Troy // Raven's Eye;Jul2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p2
The Ktunaxa Kinbasket Interpretive Centre, which is housed inside a former residential school, held its grand opening on June 19, 2003 near Cranbrook, British Columbia. A prayer song and an honour song were performed by the Sukni Singers, a local drum group. Then a podium was unveiled with a...
- New Visalia civic center in the works. Lieberman, Lisa // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/07/2003, Issue 323162, p1
Reports the construction of a civic center in Visalia, California. Goal of the city in constructing the center; Construction budget; Design of the civic center.
- CenterPlex takes center stage. Record, Jody // Business NH Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the proposed CenterPlex civic center in Manchester, New Hampshire. Future of the proposed civic center dependent on a referendum vote in June 1996; Benefits of a proposed center to the city and state; Planned functions of the center.
- The selling of a civic center. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/13/95, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on New Hampshire Civic Center Commission's efforts to raise money for the planned center in Concord, New Hampshire. Survey on how best to raise money; Amount received from the state Community Development Finance Authority.
- Groups to watch. // Policy Review;May/Jun96, Issue 77, p57
Reports on developments about civic centers in the United States as of May 1996. Publication of a fourth Capital Research Center newsletter; Appointment of Kay Coles James as dean of Regent University's Robertson School of Government; Schedule of the Center for Jewish and Christian Values'...
- Manchester, Concord plan civic centers. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/14/95, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p4A
Reports on the civic center proposals of public and private development groups in Manchester and Concord, New Hampshire. Proposed multi-use arena in Manchester; Proposed multi-use business conference center in Concord; Cooperation between the cities.