Slight increase in muni funds not enough to affect bond market pessimism
- ICI results too good to be true: Funds gains for August overstated. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/30/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30241, p50
Reports on the analysis by the Investment Company Institute of the municipal bond mutual fund market in the United States for the third quarter of 1997. Inflow of investments for tax exempt funds; Value of the market's growth; Viability of tax-exempt funds inspite of an influx of trust conversions.
- Muni Funds' Cash Flows Go Positive. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;08/31/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30966, p1
Reports on the cash flows in municipal bond funds in the United States in July 2000. Net cash flow in the marketplace; Data from the Investment Company Institute.
- ICI Zeroes in on Munis. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31075, p1
Reports on the investment of the Investment Company Institute (ICI) in municipal bonds in the United States. Comments on regulatory proposals; Call for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to improve municipal disclosure in the secondary market; Increase of the presence of ICI in the...
- Muni bond funds still on the up, but some believe those days are numbered. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;04/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30363, p8
Focuses on the data reported by the Investment Company institute which reveals that municipal mutual bond funds in the United States continued to strengthen in February 1998. Details on the growth in municipal bonds; wealthy people's preference for municipal investing as a way to shelter their...
- ICI says municipal fund inflows totaled $1.27 billion in June. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p5
Cites data from the Investment Company Institute concerning municipal bond mutual fund inflows in the United States as of June 1998. Growth seen by the funds; Factors driving flows into municipal bonds; Attractiveness of municipal as compared to corporate bonds and Treasuries; Performance of...
- ICI: Muni bond funds fell $1.7B in Sept. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States in the third quarter of 1999 according to data released by the Investment Co. Institute. Net outflow of funds in August; Negative net effects on the assets of municipal bond funds.
- Losses Ebb a Bit But Stay Negative; No Inflows in Sight. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;03/01/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30839, p7
Reports on data compiled by the Investment Co. Institute showing that municipal bond funds lost $4 billion in January 2000. Outflows expected to ease up after tax-loss selling ended in December 1999; Drop in the value of net assets for tax-exempt funds.
- Investment Company Institute. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30851, p9
Focuses on the mutual fund assets reported by the Investment Company Institute in the United States. Account on municipal funds as the only asset declining; Impact of high-interest rate climate on municipal fund performance; Disappointment of shareholders on the bond market; Effect of mergers...
- Muni Funds' Assets Plunge as Net Outflows Continue. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p2A
Reports the decline in the municipal mutual funds in the United States. Reason for the decline; Details on the report of the Investment Company Institute in October 1999; Views of some analysts on the fall of net assets.