Normal workplace behavior--not
Tags: ORGANIZATIONAL behavior
- Petty tyranny in organizations: A preliminary examination of antecedents and consequences. Ashforth, Blake E. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Jun97, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p126
Presents a model of the individual and situational antecedents of petty tyranny in Canadian organizations. Definition of petty tyranny; Occurrence of this behavior; Effects on subordinates.
- Content-domain confusion among researchers, managers, and union members regarding organizational... Latham, Gary P.; Millman, Zeeva // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Jun97, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p206
Deals with content-domain confusion among researchers, managers, and union members in Canada regarding organizational citizenship behavior. Assessment of altruism, collectivism and organizational commitment; Evaluation of the extent to which different items defined each of the four constructs.
- The Drucker test for `organizational dropsy.' Drucker, Peter F. // Across the Board;Sep98, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on some ways to determine when an organization becomes a misdemeanor. Importance of promotion than job accomplishments; Concerns over avoiding mistakes than taking risks; Importance of good human relations over performance and achievement.
- Get ahead fast. Glaser, Connie; Smalley, Barbara Steinbe // Cosmopolitan;Jul95, Vol. 219 Issue 1, p84
Provides tips for women on how succeed in corporate setups. Includes having comprehensive knowledge of the company; Solicitation of feedbacks; Helping management meet their objectives.
- Keep your job--even if nobody else does. Dranov, Paula // Cosmopolitan;Oct96, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p214
Presents tips for women on how to stay employed despite trend among corporations to downsize. Proper attitude; Maintaining a healthy relationship with colleagues; Building a better network.
- Individuals must learn to be good team members, team leaders. Glacel, Barbara Pate // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;02/02/98, Issue 322259, p9
Offers advice on how to achieve teamwork in various businesses. Performance potential of teams; Regular practice of common sense in teamwork practice; Teamwork education in management development programs; Importance of training programs; Different individual experiences of team members.
- Is resistance by another name different, more solvable? Moore, Maggie; Spector, Helen // Journal for Quality & Participation;Dec95, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p32
Provides insights on solving problems with resistance in a personal level or within an organizational setup. Description of resistance; Behaviors that are labeled as a form of resistance; Solutions. INSETS: Energy flows and resistance..;A waterfall metaphor for freeing the flow of energy..;The...
- Shared learning: A proven participative change design. Lyons, Tom // Journal for Quality & Participation;Mar96, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on shared learning process in single or multi-site organizations and in communities. Key points of shared learning methodology.
- Explaining Controversial Organizational Decisions: To Legitimize the Means or the Ends? Bobocel, D. Ramona; Debeyer, Michelle // Social Justice Research;Mar1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p21
We investigated the influence of information legitimizing the means�or decision procedures�versus information legitimizing the ends�or the decision outcome�on observers' reactions to an undesirable organizational decision. One hundred and sixty-one employees read an account of a company...