Plastics recycling grows, but not enough
- Going down. // Waste News;08/31/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p8
Editorial. States that plastic bottle and container rates in the United States are down, according to figures released by the American Plastics Council. Statistics on plastic bottle recycling; Argument from plastic recycling proponents that there is potential for growth in relation to plastic...
- Recycling plastic. Gunzel, Richard // Yachting;Mar96, Vol. 179 Issue 3, p41
Discusses how to recycle big plastic soft-drink bottles into waste-oil containers or funnels for adding oil to the boat's engine.
- Plastic Bottle Recycling Reaches Record Amount. Gerlat, Allan // Waste Age Expert Blog;10/13/2011, p1
The article announces that plastic bottle recycling in the U.S. increased in 2010, according to the National Post-Consumer Plastics Bottle Recycling Report published by the American Chemistry Council (ACC) and the Association of Postconsumer Plastic Recyclers (APR).
- Minn. promoting recycling of single-serve PET bottles. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;11/27/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p4
Reports efforts of the plastics industry to promote recycling of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles in Minnesota. Inclusion of recycling messages tacked on radio and television advertisements; Involvement of the National Association for PET Container Resources; Combination of marketing...
- PET, HDPE bottle recycling inches forward in 2012. // Resource Recycling;Dec2013, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on "The 2012 United States National Post-Consumer Plastics Bottle Recycling Report" released by the Plastics Division of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) and the Association of Postconsumer Plastic Recyclers which shows the increase of recycling activity for high-density...
- Recycling Making Gains in North Carolina, Study Concludes. Gerlat, Allan // Waste Age Expert Blog;11/16/2011, p3
The article discusses the results of a study by the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) as of November 2011, which found that the state's plastic bottle recycling rate has increased and that the state set a record in 2010 for recycling 112,315 tons of private...
- TIME OUT. // Marie Claire (US Edition);Jan2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p53
The article reports on the growth of plastic bottles recycling business in China.
- More recycling. Evarts, Eric C. // Christian Science Monitor;7/9/96, Vol. 88 Issue 156, p14
Reports that American consumers recycle a total of 622 million pounds of polyethylene terephthalate plastic bottles in 1995.
- Summer recycling at special events. Stack // Beverage Industry;Jul99, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p46
Reports on the National Association of Container Resources' (NAPCOR) involvement in the monitoring of use and recycling of PET plastic bottles in the United States. Advantages of PET bottles; Programs launched by NAPCOR to facilitate PET bottle collection, promotion and signage; Summer...
- Recycling rate dips for plastic bottles. Toloken, Steve // Waste News;06/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the decrease of plastic bottle recycling in the United States in the year 1998. Details of the American Plastics Council's report; Factors limiting the growth of plastics recycling in the United States.