- 3 more. Whitford, Marty // Waste News;12/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p6
Reports that three former operators of the defunct Empire Sanitary Landfill Inc. in Ransom Township, Pennsylvania have pleaded guilty to defrauding the state Department of Environmental Protection and the Federal Election Commission between 1994 and 1996. Imprisonment of and payment of fines by...
- Empire's fine fits the crime. // Waste News;10/13/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p8
Editorial. Presents information on the influence of campaign funds on the solid waste industry, highlighting the fine imposed on Empire Sanitary Landfill company, a subsidiary of USA Waste Services Incorporated, in relation to $129,000 in campaign contributions to ten United States federal...
- Empire defendants plead not guilty. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;11/03/97, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p2
Reports that a contractor and former Empire Sanitary Landfill officials pleaded not guilty to charges of illegal campaign contributions. Names of the other persons who also entered a not-guilty plea to perjury on October 24th 1997; Reference to USA Waste Service Incorporated; Reference to...
- USA Waste leads hauling mergers. Brown, Bob // Waste News;12/22/97, Vol. 3 Issue 32, p10
Reports that USA Waste Services Incorporated has emerged as the second-place ranking waste company in the United States. Company's lead in hauling mergers; Increase in the company's annualized revenues in 1997; Reference to the company's merger with United Waste Systems Incorporated.
- California board leaning toward huge expansion. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;02/02/98, Vol. 3 Issue 38, p6
No abstract available.
- NYC groups oppose WMI-USA merger. // Waste News;04/27/98, Vol. 3 Issue 50, p6
Presents information on the filing of an objection by a coalition of New York City community groups over the proposed merger of Waste Management Incorporated and USA Waste Services Incorporated. Reason for the objection; Reference to a letter sent to the Justice Department.
- USA Waste deals to yield $1 billion. // Waste News;2/17/97, Vol. 2 Issue 39, p6
Reports that USA Waste Services Incorporated will net $1 billion through a stock sale and corporate bond offering. Information on the bonds.
- Truck stop. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;08/25/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p12
Reports that the state Department of Environmental Protection has issued an order to USA Waste Services to cease storing trailers loaded with trash. Comments by Mark Carmon, community relations for the agency; USA Waste's response to the order issued against it; Circumstances which prompted the...
- Landfill in Pa. to expand. Clancy, David // Waste News;09/29/97, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p12
Reports that a permit to expand the landfill in Monroeville by almost 60 acres was granted to the USA Waste Services Incorporated by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. Advantages of the expansion; When the application was filed for the expansion; Comments from Mike Rind,...