Motors turned on savings at WTE plant
- Accounting for solid waste land-fill costs according to GASB-18. Brady, Thomas J.; Fioriti, Andrew A. // Ohio CPA Journal;Jun94, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p53
Discusses Government Accounting Standards Board's (GASB) Statement No. 18 Accounting for Municipal Solid Waste Landfill Closure and Postclosure Care Costs. Effectivity date; Elements to be considered in the estimated total current cost of municipal solid waste landfills (MSWLF) closure and...
- N.Y. debates bottle bill. Defendis, Megan // Waste News;12/22/97, Vol. 3 Issue 32, p23
Reports that public and private sector officials debated whether New York state's bottle deposit law is redundant, as a consequence to curbside recycling programs. Comments from Meg Morris, chairwoman of the Federation of New York Solid Waste Associations; Reference to a symposium that took...
- Ariz. fire causes $50,000 in damage. // Waste News;07/06/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p6
Presents information on a fire at the Young Poong USA Recycling Centers on June 12th, 1998, in Glendale, Arizona. Probable cause of the fire; Cost of the damage caused by the fire.
- Maine idea. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;07/06/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p11
Looks at the plans of the Southern Aroostock Solid Waste Disposal District in Maine to find a company to bankroll a regional landfill in Hogdon, Maine as part of a long-term lease agreement. Reason a regional landfill is needed in the state; Failure of previous efforts to construct a regional...
- For sale. Post, Paul // Waste News;7/1/96, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the proposed sale of the solid-waste shredder in Albany, New York. Plans to convert the facility into a material recycling plant.
- Trash transfer, composting at new integrated facility. // BioCycle;May95, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the operation of the integrated waste management facility in Redding, California on May 1995. Services offered in the facility; Efforts to reduce residents' use of plastic bags for yard trimmings.
- Mixed waste recycling facility nears shutdown. // BioCycle;May95, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p23
Reports on plans of the government of San Diego County, California to buy the mixed waste recycling facility operated by North County Resource Recovery Authority. Decrease in the political support of the facility since its opening in 1994; Lack of popularity of the facility with many...
- Full service, drive through collection. // BioCycle;Nov95, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the service at the Ecology Action of Texas drive through refuse collection center in Austin, Texas. Volume of materials handled in 1994; Operation of the facility; Number of drop-off sites in Texas.
- ACHIEVING CLASS A BIOSOLIDS IN LOS ANGELES. Haug, R.T.; Hartnett, W.J.; Ohanian, E.B.; Hernandez, G.L.; Abkian, V.S.; Wert, W.A.; Mundine, J.E. // BioCycle;May2002, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p44
Discusses the operation of the Hyperion Treatment Plant in Los Angeles, California and the process of manufacturing fertilizer product. Process of dewatering sludge and recycling of solid wastes; Steps undertaken in performing the temperature-phased anaerobic digestion; Estimated cost in...
- MSW PROCESSING FACILITY IN ISRAEL TURNS OUT BIOGAS, SOIL AMENDMENT AND RECYCLABLES. // BioCycle;Apr2003, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p12
Reports on a municipal solid waste processing facility in Tel Aviv, Israel. Estimate volume of waste processed each day; Source separation; Production of biogas.