CIBC Oppenheimer names head of municipal finance
- CIBC-OpCo nabs top solly banker to run real estate. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/09/98, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p6
Presents information on the recruitment of Edward Carey by CIBC Oppenheimer Corporation to build a dedicated real estate investment banking presence for the firm. Where he was employed before; What his position in the company is; Information on some of the deals that he has been a part of;...
- CIBC Oppenheimer not slowed by parent's deal. Tarquino, J. Alex // American Banker;4/24/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 77, p19
States that hiring and expansion plans are being undertaken by executives at CIBC Oppenheimer Corporation despite the pending merger of the bank with Toronto-Dominion Bank. Background information on Toronto-Dominion; Details on the loans leveraged by CIBC and Toronto-Dominion jointly; Comments...
- CIBC assesses its progress on first Opco anniversary. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/01/98, Vol. 64 Issue 22, p12
Focuses on an assessment of the financial progress of the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Oppenheimer company, which is a merger of the CIBC Wood Gundy company and Oppenheimer and Company. Efforts of the company in banking coverage; Appointment of a team of telecommunications bankers...
- Salomon topples CIBC's deal. Croghan, Lore // Crain's New York Business;09/21/98, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p20
Focuses on real estate in New York, with emphasis on the failure of a deal for CIBC Oppenheimer Corp. to rent office space at 7 World Trade Center. Factors which contributed to the failure of the deal; Reference to the store location chosen by Jeweler H. Stern at 92 Prince Street; Details on a...
- Another reason to tout market. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;11/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p6
Focuses on CIBC Oppenheimer Corp. employees' plan to donate all of its fees and commissions on December 1, 1998 to charities benefiting disadvantaged children.
- CIBC Trades Raise Millions for Charity. // Traders Magazine;Jan99, Vol. 12 Issue 147, p18
Reports on the money donated by CIBC Oppenheimer to children's charities during the 1998 holiday season. How the company raised the funds; Details on the 15th Children's Miracle Day of the company; Firms designated for participation in the fund raising.
- CIBC adds four more. // High Yield Report;03/23/98, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p3
Reports that the CIBC Oppenheimer named Fotis Hasotis and Jonathan Wigser as directors of the company and David Sommer and Kevin McLeod as associates. Companies with which they worked for; Area which they would work in.
- CIBC will fold in TD. // High Yield Report;04/27/98, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p3
Reports on a joint-venture between CIBC Oppenheimer and TD Securities. Details on the companies affiliation; How will CIBC benefit from the deal; Financial information on CIBC.
- CIBC Oppenheimer hopes merger will lead to muni business growth. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;12/02/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30283, p40
Focuses on the hopes of CIBC Oppenheimer Corporation to build a stronger presence in the municipal bond industry. Details on the merger out of which the company was established; Opportunities provided by the merger; Comments from different persons on the issue.