Election results for November 4, 1997
- Unfinished business in the city of Wenatchee. Tomsic, Gary // Wenatchee Business Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, pA23
Offers information on the most critical projects in Wenatchee, Washington. Includes the city's agreement to provide wastewater treatment services to the Sunnyslope urban growth area; Replacement of the police station and downtown fire station; Needs of the local museum; Viability of the...
- Parking & entertainment may have future in downtown. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, pB12
Cites developments concerning civic improvement in the Wenatchee, Washington area as of February 2000. Includes Donn Etherington's appointment as interim executive director of the Supporters of the Center; Possibility of a public/private partnership to build a downtown parking garage; Funding...
- Councils set for development orders as pilot scheme spreads. Wilding, Mark // Planning (14672073);4/9/2010, Issue 1863, p4
The article reports on the forthcoming adoption of the first local development orders (LDO) by Planning Advisory Service (PAS) in Wycombe, England.
- Council appeal immunity claim backed. // Planning (14672073);4/9/2010, Issue 1863, p18
The article reports on the immunity claim appealed by a certain local authority and a private developer for its mixed-use scheme in Dorset, England.
- Conway's Riverwalk. Thomas, Sarah // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Winter99/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p52
Talks about the planned civic improvements and other projects along the Waccamaw River in the city of Conway, South Carolina. Second phase of construction along the Riverwalk; Commercial advantages of the Riverwalk; Ideal venue for festivals and other community activities.
- HUD SECRETARY'S OPPORTUNITY AND EMPOWERMENT AWARD. Dunne, Mike // Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the master plan of the Mid City Redevelopment Alliance, a nonprofit agency underwritten by General Health System, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana that included a hospital. One reason the alliance's efforts are receiving award; Number of homes the alliance repaired in its first decade;...
- Henderson embarks on redevelopment of older areas. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;09/11/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p21
Reports on the expansion of the redevelopment area in the city of Henderson, Nevada. Inclusion of older neighborhoods; Efforts to work out suitable land uses for an area to be included in the expanded redevelopment zone; Redevelopment funding through tax increment revenue; Other possible...
- GLASGOW PROPOSES CULTURAL CANALSIDE HUB. // Planning (14672073);7/11/2008, Issue 1777, p2
An image of the propose cultural canalside hub in Glasgow, Scotland, by Speirs Locks is presented.
- RTPI SHORTS. // Planner;Sep2014, p45
The article discusses a research published by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) which indicates the crucial role of a strong, committed and appropriately resourced public sector in encouraging private sector growth.