San Diego may turn to COPs to fund convention center
- Convention center plan stalled again. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/17/97, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p1
Discusses the City Council's delayed final vote on alternating plan for the planned expansion of the San Diego Convention Center. Objections by City council members, Bruce Henderson and Richard Rider regarding the planned expansion; Requirement to qualify a referendum on the issue.
- San Diego Convention -- Plan Calls for $550M in Debt. WEBSTER, KEELEY // Bond Buyer;10/3/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33791, p4
The article informs that the City Council of San Diego, California has approved the plan of 549.5 million U.S. dollars for expanding its convention center.
- San Diego may expand franchises. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;02/23/98, Vol. 3 Issue 41, p5
Reports that in March 1998, the San Diego City Council will vote on a recommendation that it seek applications for commerical hauling franchises. Identification of the companies which were granted franchises since 1996; Distribution of the market share among commercial hauling companies;...
- Officeholders suddenly find themselves appreciated. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;1/6/97, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the confidence which residents of San Diego, California, have in their City Council members. Second term majority vote won by Mayor Susan Golding; Little or no opposition faced by council members who ran for reelection; Total endorsement of leadership in San Diego. INSET: How do you...
- Council's city manager hunt defies all logic. // San Diego Business Journal;10/06/97, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p54
Editorial. Comments on the controversy surrounding the San Diego City Council's search for a city manager. How the controversy started; Details on Penelope Culbreth-Graft, and her appointment as city manager in 1996; Details on the persons vying of the position.
- City Council ponders granting itself a raise. // San Diego Business Journal;01/19/98, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p24
Looks at San Diego's City Council giving itself a raise in pay by the year 2000. Percentage increase on pay; Approval by the commission on the raise; Earnings of councilmembers and the mayor; Further information on the raise.
- Merger is council topic. // San Diego Business Journal;06/09/97, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p39
Reports that the proposed merger between Enova Corporation and Pacific Enterprises will be the highlight of the San Diego City Council's hearing to be held on June 10, 1997. Scheduled time for the hearing; Agenda for the hearing.
- Time For a Refresher Course. // San Diego Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p34
Editorial. Comments on the San Diego, California City Council's decision to cut promotional spending on activities that market the city to tourists and new businesses by at least 10 percent. Priority placed on the improvement of parks, libraries and beaches rather on marketing.
- Council support for Chargers' contract beginning to crumble. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;01/20/97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on a meeting held between the San Diego City Council in California, and City Manager Jack McGrory, to discuss the expansion of the San Diego Jack Murphy Stadium. McGrory directed to discuss the 1995 expansion contract with the owners of the San Diego Chargers football team; Chargers...