Bond auction, jobless gain boost prices
- Michigan Eyes $4 Billion of Bonds To Pay Off Insurance for Jobless. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/8/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33463, p3
The article reports on the plan of Michigan to issue 4 billion dollars in tax-exempt bonds to pay off its 3.7 billion dollar obligation to the federal government for unemployment insurance.
- From the TM3 wire. Louis, Brian; Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;11/07/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30269, p2
Provides several bond issues in New York and Washington. Bonds sold by Westchester County to investors; Spending increase expected to boost by West Virginia commission; Increase in initial claims of unemployment insurance in Washington.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p27
Presents several news items related to the U.S. bond market as of March 11, 2003. Approval of tax hikes issue in Oklahoma for civic improvements; Significant changes in unemployment benefits to ease stress on Kansans by governor Kathleen Sebelius; Proposal for creating a taxpayers' bill of...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Rise Modestly as Volatility Eases. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p6
Analyzes the performance of yield indexes in the U.S., as of September 28, 2001. Impact of decline in funds rate by U.S. Federal Open Market Committee on stock market; Decline in consumer confidence index; Increase in jobless claims according to the Labor Department.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sanchez, Humberto; Ferris, Craig T.; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p1
Presents news briefs related to bonds and securities in the U.S. as of December 6, 2002. Decrease in applications for state unemployment benefits; Revision of federal indexes of industrial production and capacity utilization; Details on the sale of cash management bills by the Treasury Department.
- Michigan Deals $3.3B for Unemployment Insurance. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/11/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33728, p27
The article offers information on the release of a 3.3 billion U.S. dollars unemployment obligation assessment revenue bonds by the finance authority of Michigan. It informs that the new assessment revenue will be used by the state for debt payments of the federal unemployment insurance...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the United States as of May 2001. Announcement of the decrease of import prices index by the Department of labor; Decline of the Chicago Fed Midwest Manufacturing Index; Amount of unemployment benefits.
- No Easy Fix for Unemployment Insurance Problem. Kelley, Dashle // State Journal (WV);1/28/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p29
In this article, the author talks about how to fix the financial difficulties of the Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund (UCTF) in West Virginia in 2011. He emphasizes that the fund's liabilities could be paid if the state will borrow money from the federal government. He also suggests that an...
- General fund wonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t undo jobless insurance woes. LANE, AMY // Crain's Detroit Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p0003
The article reports that Michigan will deepen its general fund for as much as 41 million dollars to pay the interest bill of an about 106 million dollars to 108 million dollars on its federal unemployment insurance (UI) debt. It states that the payment will due on September 30, 2011, but...