IRS agents to specialize in tax-exempt bond audits
- IRS' Owens featured at ASAE town hall. // Association Management;Apr97, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p10
Reports on a request by the United States Internal Revenue Service Exempt Organizations Division Director Marcus Owens, concerning suggestion which would improve IRS guidance in the area of tax compliance. Identification of strategies which may alleviate compliance burdens on tax-exempt...
- IRS finds `significant' noncompliance in preliminary... Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/31/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30264, p1
Focuses on the results from the Internal Revenue Service's random bond audit program which show a `very significant' level of noncompliance among industrial development bond (IDB) issuers. Views of Marcus Owens, head of the IRS exempt organizations division about the agency; Requirement for...
- IRS official addresses lobby tax, associate member dues. // Association Management;Nov95, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p9
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has no new guides on lobby tax according to IRS official Marcus Owens. Requirement for associations in documenting member involvement for exemption purposes.
- Financial status audits--what are they and where did they come from? Storrer, Philip P. // Outlook;Summer96, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p37
Discusses auditing systems used by the US Internal Revenue Service. Case-by-case basis; Protection from auditing checks.
- IRS Offers Guide to Tangible Property Regulation Compliance. Scalise, Peter J. // Accountingtoday.com;10/24/2016, p7
The article reports on the issuance by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of an Audit Techniques Guide in September 2016 governing compliance with the tangible property repair regulations.
- IRS' Owens predicts continued focus on royalties during UBIT town hall. // Association Management;Jun98, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p8
Reports on US Internal Revenue Service officer Marcus Owens' pronouncement that his agency will not back down from its strict interpretation of the royalty exception to the unrelated business income tax. Taxability of affinity credit card program revenue and income from mailing list rentals;...
- IRS' Marcus Owens ready to retire. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/28/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30757, p7
Reports on the plan of Marcus Owens, director of the United States Internal Revenue Services Exempt Organization Division, to retire.
- Nonprofits lawyer leaves IRS for law firm. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30821, p32
Reports on Marcus Owens' resignation from the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to join the law firm of Caplin and Drysdale. Owens' role in increasing IRS efforts to audit the municipal bond industry; Mark Scott's replacement of Owens; Owens' focus on tax-exempt organizations at the...
- Back to the Blacklist. Collins, Bruce D. // InsideCounsel;Jul2009, Vol. 20 Issue 211, p70
The author opines that the procedure used by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in examining tax-exempt nonprofit organizations that are suspected to be subversive organizations is nefarious, insidious and un-American. He thinks that the process is a destruction of the reputation and...