Municipal bond activities
- Bond Market Association Establishing London Office. Clarke, Jeremy // Securities Industry News;11/27/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p12
Reports on the Bond Market Association's establishment of an office in London, England. Reflection of the globalization of fixed-income markets; Reduction of systemic risks within the markets.
- TBMA Seeks Broader Automatic Exemption From Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p64
Reports the appeal of The Bond Market Association to Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to expand the Rule G-37 on political contributions. Expansion of automatic exemption from Rule G-37; Provisions for management and supervisory officials; Prevention of municipal dealers from engaging in...
- TBMA, Securities Industry Association Look to Merge. Meyers, Maxwell; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p28
The article reports on the plan of the Bond Market Association and the Securities Industry Association to merge for a new entity that will have broader membership in the U.S. The purpose of the merger is to create an organization that can be a more effective advocate of both the equity and fixed...
- NASACT to Launch Effort Urging Issuers to Pay Voluntary Bond Fee. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p1
Reports on the plans of the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers, and Treasurers to launch an effort to urge more state and local municipal bond issuers to voluntarily pay a bond fee to help fund the budget gap of the U.S. Government Accounting Standards Board. Call of the Bond...
- Fixed-Income Group Opens Membership to Buy Side. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;10/24/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p33
Reports on the decision of the Bond Market Association (BMA) to open its membership to registered investment advisers. Aim of BMA concerning fund management shops; Involvement of asset managers in the BMA; Regulatory issues on the agenda of the BMA.
- EHYA, BMA Unite To Improve Euro HY Cause. J. M. // High Yield Report;11/21/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p1
Reports that the European High Yield Association (EHYA) will fully integrate with the Bond Market Association (BMA) on or around January 1, 2006. Factors considered by EHYA in deciding to become a part of the BMA organization; Benefits of the action made by EHYA; Reason of BMA for integrating...
- TBMA Accuses NAIPFA of Promoting Self-Serving Agenda. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32252, p5
Reports on the criticism of The Bond Market Association (TBMA) on the National Association of Independent Public Finance Advisors (NAIPFA) and its charges that dealer firms are circumventing the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-23 in the U.S. Claim of TBMA that the said rule has...
- IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS FOR PLANNED SIA, BMA MERGER. Butler, Simon // On Wall Street;Jun2006, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the planned merger of the Bond Market Association (BMA) and the Securities Industry Association in the U.S. in 2006. Views of BMA spokesman Jon Teall on the new organization; Estimated members of each organization.
- TBMA Awards Event to Aid Katrina Fund, Financial Literacy Initiative. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;10/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32237, p6
Reports on the conduction of an annual awards event by the Bond Market Association dedicated to the recovery and rebuilding efforts of the U.S. states affected by Hurricane Katrina. Schedule of the event; Proceeds from the event; Contact information.