Pittsburgh's PNC Capital markets revamps muni operation
- Market Post: Bids Come Early for Some Deals. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;8/7/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34157, p1
The article offers information on the early bids for deals in the municipal bond market in the U.S. It informs about several oversubscribed competitive deals such as part Connecticut general obligation deal. According to data provided by Thomson Municipal Market Monitor (TM3), 300 million...
- Go West, Slightly: Pittsburgh's PNC Capital Seeks Success in Ohio. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p40
Reports on the decision of PNC Capital Markets Inc. to expand its underwriting business to Ohio. Recruitment of Thomas Henson as senior managing director of the firm in the state; Efforts of the company to regain its position in the municipal bond market; Decline in the ranking of the company.
- Market Post: Munis Strengthen on Weak Payroll Data. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;9/8/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34173, p1
The article reports on strengthening of the municipal bonds following release of the weal employment situation report in the U.S. as of September 2014. Topics discussed include statistics for rise in payrolls and long-term municipal mutual fund assets and decline in high yield fund inflows,...
- 22 MCDC Settlements With Firms to be Followed by Another Round. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;10/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34387, p1
The Securities and Exchange Commission's settlements ordering 22 municipal securities underwriting firms to pay $4.12 million for disclosure violations, is likely to be followed by a third round of settlements with firms under the SEC's Municipalities Continuing Disclosure Cooperation...
- Muni Volume Bounces Back Thanks to New Money Deals. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;8/3/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34353, p1
Municipal bond volume increased in July from a year earlier, as new money issuance more than made up for a drop in refundings to the lowest monthly level of 2015.
- Market Post: Muni Sell-Off Drives Down Inflows. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;9/8/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34173, p1
The article discusses impact of sale of municipal bond funds in the U.S. on decline in the cash inflows as of September 2014 as reported by Lipper FMI, provider of mutual fund information, owned by media services firm Thomson Reuters. Topics discussed include increase in the yields on the...
- PNC capital merges syndications and private placements. Tibbitts, Lisa // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p11
Reports that PNC Capital Market has decided to combine its private placement group with its bank loan syndications group under the leadership of Douglas Shaffer. Benefits of this combination to the company; What will be the focus of the company; Comments from Shaffer.
- PNC capital markets expand N.J. office. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;08/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30452, p35
Reports that PNC Capital Markets Inc. has hired two municipal finance bankers in an effort to expand its underwriting expertise into New Jersey. Hiring of former Artemis Capital Group Inc.'s Gus Escher and former assistant deputy director with Philadelphia's budget office Kari Fazio; Career...
- PNC Capital Markets Cuts 10 from Muni Department. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p1
Reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based PNC capital Markets Inc. is reducing its municipal department by about 10 people as of December 2001. Reasons for the layoffs made by the company; Strength of the department after the layoffs; Background of the company.