Florida care facility hopes for big savings in refunding
- Alabama. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;07/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30180, p28
Reports that Birmingham, Alabama refunded $74.8 million of its 1988 general obligation bonds, one week after Moody's Investors Service upgraded the city's credit rating.
- Hawaii Airport System to Sell $422M in Refunding Revenue Bonds. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;04/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31126, p3
Reports the sale of refunding revenue bonds by the Hawaii Airport System. Estimates of a net present value savings for the restructuring of airport system; Expectations for the credit ratings; Efforts to mititage the impact of declining revenues from duty-free landing.
- Philadelphia Readies for $350 Million Water, Wastewater Refunding. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p6
The article reports on the effort of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in getting ready for a $394.5 million water and wastewater revenue refunding bond sale scheduled in March 2007. The city's acting director Vince Jannetti stated that the total refunding will be based on the market conditions and...
- Rhode Island Turnpike Agency Planning $38 Million Taxable Refunding. D'Ambrosio, Gilliam // Bond Buyer;7/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31682, p32
Reports on plans of Rhode Island-based Turnpike and Bridge Authority to refund $38 million of taxable bonds. Senior manager of the deal; Ratings assigned to the bond; Concerns regarding the adequacy of current deposits and future surpluses over the 10-year capital plan.
- VIRGINIA: Herndon Refunding. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p29
Reports on the credit ratings given by Fitch Ratings Inc. to general obligation refunding bonds of Herndon, Virginia. Ratings given by other rating agencies; Basis for the ratings.
- S&P Upgrades Orange County, Calif., Ahead of $82M Refunding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p1
Focuses on the effort of Standard & Poor's Corp. in upgrading the issuer credit rating of Orange County, California. Amount intended for the bond refunding; Offer of ad valorem taxes; Financial flexibility of discretionary revenues and expenditures.
- Michigan Agency Readies $285 Million Power Refunding Following S&P Hike. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p40
Reports on plans of the Michigan Public Power Agency for a multi-million dollar refunding of bonds on November 7, 2002 after upgradation of its ratings by Standard & Poors Corp. Changes in the agency's ratings during 2002; Contribution of the original bonds to coal-fired power plant; Agencies...
- Louisiana OKs Plan to Refund $92M of East Baton Rouge ARS. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32841, p6
The article focuses on the approval of the East Baton Rouge Parish plan to refund $92.2 million of adjustable-rate revenue bonds issued in 2006 in Louisiana. The refunding would replace the Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) insurance policy with a letter of credit from Dexia Credit Local....
- OHIO: Columbus Airports Positive. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32591, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings has revised its outlook on A credit of Columbus Regional Airport Authority in Ohio from stable to positive as it prepares to sell $61 million of refunding bonds. The bonds, which are expected to sell in late March 2007, secured secured by the net revenues...