Two Illinois officials sentenced for theft
- Paying a toll. Henson, Bill // Waste News;11/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 26, p5
Reports that Joseph Kotlarz was sentenced to 60 days in prison on November 4, 1997, for his role in illegally obtaining a $240,000 commission from Waste Management Incorporated. Examination of the charges brought against Kotlarz; Whether he admitted to wrongdoing.
- NEVADA: Lawsuit Settled Against Subway Restaurants. // Just Out;1/5/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the settlement of the lawsuit filed by Robert Hickman against his employer, Donna Curry Investments, for purportedly firing him because he is HIV-positive. The lawsuit, settled on December 20, 2006, was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada. Lawyer...
- A mixed verdict on Howard Beach. // Newsweek;1/4/88, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p25
The outcome of the prosecutions of four white teens charged in the death of a black man, Michael Griffith, 23, who was chased onto a busy highway and was killed by a car. After 12 days of deliberations, the jury found three whites--Jon Lester, Scott Kern, and Jason Ladone--guilty of...
- ALABAMA: Jeffco Sets Sewer Hearing. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/19/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33750, p7
The article reports that Jefferson County, Alabama has formally set its hearing on sewer system rates for July 24, 2012.
- TRAILS DON'T BLAZE THEMSELVES. // Backpacker;May2012, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p75
The article focuses on trails in Woolrich, Pennsylvania.
- Lawyers: Have wallet, will influence. Barone, M. // U.S. News & World Report;3/19/90, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p28
Examines the importance of tort-law issues around the country which has pitted trial lawyers against business interests and which often splits politicians along party lines. Trial lawyers in California, Texas and Florida play an especially important partisan role; Attempts to set uniform...
- Whatever OJ Simpson trial is, it's certainly not the `trial of the century'. DeCourcy, Ed // New Hampshire Business Review;7/21/95, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p10
Features significant court proceedings that generated interest and media coverage during its trial stage as compared to the trial of football player O.J. Simpson. Conviction of carpenter Bruno Richard Hauptman for the kidnapping and murdering of the infant son of Charles Augustus Lindbergh;...
- Recent developments. // Corporate Legal Times;Mar97, Vol. 7 Issue 64, p6
Focuses on developments in various court cases in the United States. Reasons for the decision in the case, Incorporated Village of Cedarhurst versus Hanover Insurance Company; Information on a New Jersey superior court judge's decision in the case, Raclaur versus Allianz Insurance Company.
- Foreword. Hughes, William J. // Federal Probation;Mar1993, Vol. 57 Issue 1, preceding p1
Reports on the passage of the Pretrial Services Act of 1982. Achievement of the primary objective of the Act; Pretrial detention for the pendency of cases; Offenders and the substantial risk of continuing criminality and injury to community if released; Perspectives of the pretrial release...