Oklahoma High Court will take up highway bond case; sale
- Oklahoma High Court's ruling puts anti-bond lawsuit back on track. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p36
Reports on the Oklahoma Supreme Court's ruling allowing the continuation of the lawsuit filed by Jerry and Margaret Fent seeking to stop the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority from issuing lease-revenue bonds. Case background; State government's plans for the proceeds from the planned bond...
- Phillips settles suits. // Business Insurance;3/7/94, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p58
Reports on the settlements made by Phillips Petroleum Company in Oklahoma on lawsuits arising from the 1989 explosion at its complex in Texas. Explosion which killed 23 people and injured 130; Total of claims that have been paid; Underwriter of liability insurance; Amounts of other insurance...
- TRWD working to revise suit in Oklahoma water battle. WIMMER, LESLIE // Fort Worth Business Press;12/7/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p10
This article reports that a 2007 lawsuit filed by Texas's Tarrant Regional Water District (TRWD) against Oklahoma for water access issues north of the Red River is on hold as Tarrant Regional officials work to file a revised complaint to restart the suit. It is noted that lawsuit aims to open...
- Oklahoma Parents Drop Their Lawsuit In Voucher Dispute. SHAH, NIRVI // Education Week;11/16/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p20
The article discusses the abandonment of a law suit by Oklahoma parents against school districts for refusal to pay tuition reimbursements for private education, a repayment scheme established by Oklahoma's 2010 Lindsey Nicole Henry Scholarships for Students with Disabilities Act.
- Oklahoma Businessman Questions Legislature's Bond Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30969, p32
Reports on Oklahoma-based businessman John Cassidy Jr.'s filing of a lawsuit questioning the state legislature's sale of $157.4 million in state revenue bonds. Cassidy's allegation about the legislature's violation with its approval of the debt without specifying projects to be funded;...
- Tribes want order denying Oklahoma water rights. Miller, Ken // Native American Times;2/24/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p1
The article discusses the federal lawsuit filed by the Chickasaw and Choctaw tribes in Oklahoma and their 2012 request for partial summary judgment declaring them as the regulatory authority over the water rights, denying the state of Oklahoma claims, and barring removal of the water by the state.
- OK AG seeks more info on Kialegee leaders. // Native American Times;3/9/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p4
The article discusses a lawsuit filed by the state of Oklahoma against Kialegee Native American tribal leaders to prevent the construction of a casino.
- Holding Court: The courts & the abominable crime. LEX // Advocate;1/2/74, Issue 128, p38
Informs that the Oklahoma and Florida state sodomy statutes reached the United States Supreme Court as of January 1974. Details of the Canfield versus Oklahoma case; Arguments which the American Civil Liberties Union forward against the Oklahoma sodomy statute; Information on the Stone versus...
- Court hears arguments in Okla. tax refund case. // Traffic World;5/1/95, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the Supreme Court's hearing of arguments in National Private Truck Council's (NPTC) tax refund case against the state of Oklahoma. Refusal by state to refund taxes and pay attorney fees.