Lawyers: IRS assisted-living ruling hampers private-housing
- Bond counsel request clarification of 1997 IRS assisted-living ruling. Resnick, Amy R. // Bond Buyer;04/27/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30380, p27
Reports that bond lawyers want the US Internal Revenue Service and Treasury Department to clarify the ruling on assisted-living facilities. Letter sent by two lawyers to the agencies on behalf of the National Association of Bond Lawyers; Classification of the facilities according to nonprofit...
- Reform state's antiquated assisted living rules. Kaplan, Wayne L. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/29/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 54, p40A
Calls for the revision of regulations that all adult care facilities in New York State must follow. Failure of the regulations to reflect the needs and characteristics of the population living in such facilities; Need for the public reimbursement for facilities that cater to seniors with lower...
- Regulation of assisted living facilities: State policy trends. Mollica, Robert L. // Generations;Winter97/98, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p30
Reviews state policy trends in regulation of assisted living facilities in the United States. Key policy questions in developing assisted living regulatory policy; State polices governing admission and retention criteria; Subsidies to low-income residents; Approaches to regulation of assisted...
- Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA). Wayne, Karen // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Dec99, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p68
Celebrates the tenth anniversary of Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) in the year 2000. Number of its members; Merger with the National Association of Senior Living Industry Executives; Role in the United States' regulations on assisted living; Features of the voluntary accreditation...
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.
- Client alert: VCR for qualified plans. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) program initiated by the Internal Revenue Service in 1992. Availability in 1994.
- IRS proposed use of third-party information draws criticism. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the IRS' proposal to change its system of records under the Privacy Act of 1974.