- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);1/26/2012, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p2
Several letters to the editor are presented including one related to the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution and another on helped provided by the Volunteer Fire Department of Grand Saline, Texas.
- Rallying First Amendment support. // Quill;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p50
Looks at the tough times for the First Amendment. Information on problems faced by First Amendment; Background information on California First Amendment Assembly; Examination of support for First Amendment.
- The World Is My Ashtray. Micchels, Dick // Advocate;Aug1968, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p9
Comments on the arrest of Paul Robert Cohen for wearing a jacket with the slogan 'Fuck the Draft' in the U.S. Technical charge filed against Cohen; Consideration of the charge against Cohen as an abridgement of freedom of speech by volunteer counsel Melvin B. Nimmer; Protection of the slogan by...
- Flag burners. // Editor & Publisher;12/2/95, Vol. 128 Issue 48, p6
Comments on the impact of the effort in the United States Congress to amend the First Amendment with a measure banning flag desecration. First Amendment as absolute.
- Volunteer. Staudt, Kathleen Henderson // Ruminate Magazine;Winter2012/2013, Issue 26, p12
The poem "Volunteer," by Kathleen Henderson Staudt is presented. First Line: The tree sprang up, a volunteer; Last Line: The grace that volunteers.
- Three AMA Constitutional amendments approved. // Marketing News;1/8/1990, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p44
The article focuses on the approval of the three proposed changes to the Constitution of the American Marketing Association (AMA) that took effect on December 1, 1989. The first amendment changes the titles of the top volunteer and staff officers of the AMA. The second amendment makes the new...
- First amendment. // Current Events;12/18/99 Supplement, Vol. 98 Issue 14, p2
Reports on the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution among the ten amendments that makes up the Bill of Rights. Provisions of the amendment.
- Libel and the First Amendment. Gillmor, Donald M. // Newspaper Research Journal;Fall1987, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p96
Reviews the book "Libel and the First Amendment," by Richard Labunski.
- Alternative Maps for Navigating the First Amendment Maze. Brownstein, Alan E. // Constitutional Commentary;Spring99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p101
Reviews the book `The First Amendment,' by Daniel Farber.
- This Independence Day weekend, remember the value of Freedom of Speech. Williams, Armstrong // New York Amsterdam News;07/05/97, Vol. 88 Issue 27, p34
Expresses the importance of not to abusing the first amendment on Independence Day weekend in the United States. What is the first amendment; Why should the first amendment not abused; Persuasion of citizens not to abuse the first amendment.