- Novel clay-based coating may point way to new generation of flame retardants. // Paintindia;Aug2012, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p156
The article discusses a novel clay-based coating developed by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) researchers that may lead to a new generation of non-halogenated, sustainable flame retardant technology for polyurethane foam. The NIST team worked on trilayers consisting of a...
- Flame retardants part 2. Robinson, Simon // Urethanes Technology International;Jun/Jul2014, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on the new legislation for the use of flame retardants in furniture in California.
- RESEARCHERS DEVELOP NANOFIBRE ALTERNATIVE TO FLAME RETARDANTS. McHenry, Louise // Urethanes Technology International;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p12
The article reports that a carbon nanofibre-based coating has been developed by researchers at the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) which can be an alternative to flame retardants that are added to polyurethane foam.
- Flammability in textiles and routes to flame retardant textiles - XVII. Nair, G.P. // Colourage;Mar2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p49
As announced in Sci-Tech 20, in this installment, Dr. G.P. Nair introduces organo-phosphorus compounds as a class of durable flame retarding agents for cotton. He starts with THPC, the pathbreaking flame retardant of the sixties credited as the forerunner of a number of new and successful...
- EPA Bans Manufacture of Penta- and Octa-BDE. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;12/15/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 41, p28
Reports on the proposed Significant New Use Rule of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that requires manufacturers or importers of penta- and octapolybrominated flame retardants to notify EPA prior to manufacture or import effective January 1, 2005. Information on the flame...
- Preparation of Flame Retardant Modified with Titanate for Asphalt Binder. Bo Li; Jianxun Liu; Feng Han; Xiaoling Li; Liangying Li; Yanbo Li; Xiaofeng Duan // Advances in Materials Science & Engineering;2014, p1
Improving the compatibility between flame retardant and asphalt is a difficult task due to the complex nature of the materials. This study explores a low dosage compound flame retardant and seeks to improve the compatibility between flame retardants and asphalt. An orthogonal experiment was...
- NANOFIBRES TOUTED AS FLAME RETARDANTS. // Urethanes Technology International;Aug/Sep2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p13
The article reports on the research conducted by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and Texas A&M University in which the researchers claim that coatings filled with carbon nanofibres outperform conventional flame retardants used in polyurethane foam for furnitures.
- Polyimide battery tapes for application as bonding and thermal insulation. // Man-Made Textiles in India;Nov2012, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p398
The article focuses on the new ultra thin, flame retardant Polyonics battery tapes from Polyonics.
- Fire-retardant nylon treatments. // Melliand International;Mar2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the development of Alexium Inc. to a new ecological (eco)-friendly flame-retardant treatment for nylon fabrics.
- Fire-retardant nylon treatments. // Chemical Fibers International;Mar2012, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the development of a new eco-friendly flame-retardant treatment for nylon fabrics by Alexium Inc. in 2012.