- NFPA accepting proposals for proposed new 1994 standard. // Fire Engineering;Apr99, Vol. 152 Issue 4, p30
Announces the National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) call for proposals for the NFPA 1994, Standard on Protective Ensembles for Chemical or Biological Terrorism Agents in the United States. Features of the proposed standard; Contact information.
- NFPA Announces Mobile News App. // Professional Safety;Jan2014, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p13
The article announces the release of a mobile device application called "NFPA News" by the National Fire Protection Association.
- Fire standards include input from many points of view. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;8/6/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p18
This article reports that National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and standards which often govern building safety evolve from a formalized yet open consensus-based process, according to Christian Dubay, NFPA vice president and chief engineer. Anyone can submit proposals on, for...
- NFPA calls for end to fire "tricks" promotion. // Fire Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p55
Reports on the call by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to stop th fire tricks promotion of Zippo Manufacturing Co. in the U.S. Impact of the promotion.
- NFPA Building Code to Be Issued in 2002. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2000, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p43
Reports the issuance of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Building Code in the United States. Call for the NFPA to develop a building code using the open consensus process; Commitment to address firefighter safety in the upcoming codes; Concern over the establishment of the...
- Proposals Due to Revise the 2002 National Fuel Gas Code. // American Gas;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p12
Reports that the ANSI ASC Z223 and the NFPA 54 committees have announced a call for proposals on the ANSI Z223.1/NFPA 54-2002, National Fuel Gas Code. Contact information; American Gas Association's web site.
- Fruit juice pasteurization talks put squeeze on FDA. Carlson, Gordon // Dairy Foods;Feb97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the National Food Processors Association's (NFPA) call for the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to address safety concerns related to `fresh' juices. NFPA's claim that juice ingredients should receive heat pasteurization or an equivalent process to assure safety.
- NFPA calls for papers for annual meeting. // Fire Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p30
Announces the deadline for the submission of papers to be presented at the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Annual Meeting. Criteria for the papers; Topics that should be covered by the papers; Other information that should be forwarded with the paper.
- It's 2012. How come we're still talking about the 2011 NEC? // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses the concerns regarding the delay in making a proposal for the 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC) by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in the U.S. It talks about the NFPA website, which is devoted to explain how codes and standards are developed. It outlines...
- National fire code talks falter. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar98, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the decision of representatives from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the International Code Council (ICC) to call off a two-year effort to develop a single national fire code in the United States. Inability of NFPA and ICC to reach common ground on fundamental...