- Fatal fraternity house fire prompts sprinkler ordinances. // Fire Engineering;Jan1997, Vol. 150 Issue 1, p36
Reports that the Chapel Hill Town Council in North Carolina has enacted local sprinkler ordinances in response to a fire in a fraternity house on the University of Carolina campus which killed five students. Requirements under the ordinances;Proposal prepared by Fire Chief Dan Jones and his staff.
- Sprinkler ordinance gains momentum. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Nov2003, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the possibility that Chicago, Illinois will get an ordinance requiring fire sprinkler retrofitting in existing high-rise buildings, as of November 1, 2003. Factor which provided the impetus to get an ordinance passed; Action taken by the National Fire Sprinkler Association to have...
- Staying on top of a changing market. // Contractor Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p27
Interviews Kevin Condon, president of Great Lakes Plumbing & Heating, regarding the company and his opinion on mechanical contracting in Chicago, Illinois. State of the sprinkler market in Chicago after a sprinkler retrofit ordinance was passed; Impact of the increased steel and copper prices...
- Chapel Hill Workshops, 1964. Mann, James R. // Child Welfare;Jul1965, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p408
The article reviews the book "Chapel Hill Workshops, 1964," by Chapel Hill.
- Life saver. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p21
Deals with the importance of residential fire sprinklers. Background on a story of a multimillion-dollar house equipped with a residential sprinkler system which was destroyed by fire; Importance of education campaigns regarding sprinklers; Advantage of sprinkler ordinances to sprinkler...
- Sprinkler ordinances blaze through the country. Japsen, Bruce // Buildings;Apr95, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p52
Reports on the rapid spread of the ordinances requiring automatic sprinkler systems, throughout the United States. Details of the ordinance; Opinions on the ordinance. INSETS: Sprinkler system inspection and testing recommendations.;Tips for maintaining sprinkler systems..
- Communities adopt sprinkler ordinances. // Fire Engineering;Oct99, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p50
Reports on the adoption of sprinkler ordinances in communities in the United States. Retainment of the retrofit requirements for apartment buildings in the residential sprinkler ordinance imposed in Fremont, California; Adoption of an ordinance that requires sprinklers in every structure in...
- Study shows value of Scottsdale's fire sprinkler law. Heselbarth, Rob // Contractor Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p5
Focuses on a 10 day study published by the city of Scottsdale, Arizona, the Rural/Metro Fire Department and the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition, on the positive effect of the fire sprinkler ordinance. Indepth look at the study; Commets from Jim Ford, fire marshal and assistant fire chief for the...
- The model codes don't care a whit about life safety. Craig, Kelvin // Contractor Magazine;Sep93, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p36
Opinion. Criticizes the inability of communities in South Carolina to pass residential fire sprinkler ordinances. State policy on mini/maxi building/fire prevention code concept; Instance where state government allows modifications in model codes; Limitation of modifications; Limits of...
- Germantown, Tennessee, sprinkler ordinance for one-family... // Fire Engineering;Nov97, Vol. 150 Issue 11, p26
Reports the revision of the residential fire sprinkler ordinance in Germantown, Tennessee. Opposition of fire chief Dennis Wolf on changing the ordinance; Purpose of changing the ordinance.