Why learning accounts need the right balance
- New tax-free savings accounts for children are announced. // Education (14637073);10/29/2010, Issue 409, p3
The article announces that the British government will create children's savings accounts that will be a tax-free method for children to save for their futures and will be a form of individual savings accounts (ISAs).
- April's ISAs could bring adland a ...100m windfall. Gofton, Ken; Trickett, Eleanor // Campaign (UK);03/26/99, Issue 12, p25
Reports on the changeover from personal equity plans (PEP) and tax-exempt savings accounts (TESSA) to individual savings accounts (ISA) in 1999, and discusses its implications for financial advertising in Great Britain. Significance of the April launch of the ISA for the financial services...
- Call for FSA and Govt ads to boost savings. Boles, Corey // Money Marketing;6/6/2002, p7
Reports on the suggestion of Isba, the trade body representing British advertisers, that the British government and the Great Britain Financial Services Authority should spend money on promoting a savings culture through advertising. Reaction of Isba to the agency's plans for past performances;...
- NS&I: Full usage of Isas set to fall. Yarker, Jonathan // Fundweb;3/6/2013, p13
The article reports on the results of a study by Great Britain National Savings and Investments (NS&I) which revealed that fewer Britons will take full advantage of their ISA allowance in the 2012- 2013 tax year. The research reportedly found that only 24 percent of Britons will take advantage...
- Junior league. // Money Marketing;12/8/2011, p45
The article focuses on Junior Individual Savings Account (Jisa) in Great Britain. It states that Jisa was introduced by the Great Britain's Finance Act 2011 for tax-advantaged account for children's saving. It is stated that Jisa are tax-free, except inheritance tax, and are available for a...
- Individual savings accounts. // Consumer Policy Review;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p161
Offers a look at Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs) in Great Britain. Concern over the design of ISAs; Three elements of ISAs; Expected launching of ISAs.
- Friendly Isa looks for recovery. Zawaddzki, Sabina // Money Marketing;8/15/2002, p16
Reports that Great Britain-based investment management firm Homeowners Investment Fund Managers has launched its individual savings account savings and investment product.
- Isa plan could boost charities. Barr, Rebecca // Money Marketing;8/15/2002, p18
Focuses on the potential role of charity individual savings accounts (ISA) in the fund raising activities of charitable groups in Great Britain. Views of Giving Campaign, an organization established to encourage charitable donations; Group's efforts to promote charitable donations in the country.
- Individual Savings Accounts. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Oct98, Vol. 122 Issue 1262, p175
Reports on the introduction of the tax rules for the Individual Savings Account (ISA) in Great Britain. Tax credit for investments in ISA; Lock-in and minimum subscription to the ISA; Changes made to the draft ISA regulations.