- Filter center. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/14/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 24, p197
Reports on developments related to avionics as of June 13, 1999. Includes teamup between Flight Visions and BVR Avionics to develop an embedded Remote Air Combat Training System; Lucas Aerospace's testing of the viability of variable-frequency generators for large passenger aircraft; Pilkington...
- European HMDs get ready for battle. Cook, Nick // Interavia Business & Technology;Mar2000, Vol. 55 Issue 640, p43
Presents an overview of Europe's helmet-mounted display (HMD) system market. Sextant's bid to obtain an HMD contract from Dassault Aviation SA; Pilkington Optronics' development of the Guardian range of HMD; BAe Systems' programs for HMD. INSET: MAJOR HELO HMD ORDERS ON THE HORIZON..
- Building a successful team. Cleese, John // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p10
Identifies nine different roles in a work group. Coordinator; Resource investigator; Monitor evaluator; Implementer; Completer-finisher; Specialist.
- Team work. // Career World;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the views of employers that it is poor team player skills that is most likely to hurt a person's chances of getting ahead in the workplace. Predominance of greater emphasis on teamwork and a sense of community; Better chances of promotion for people who can work well in a group and...
- Work teams grow popular, but how do you pay them? // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 18 Issue 102, p26
Focuses on work team-based pay issues. Contributing factor to team performance shortfalls in 1996; Evolution of an overall approach to team pay.
- Team style technical training and workforce effectiveness. Eason, Leonard A. // Economic Development Review;Winter92, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p80
Discusses team style technical training and workforce effectiveness in the United States. Obtaining high levels of productivity; Need for American companies to harness the brainpower of the workforce; Skills required of employees; Need for businesses to develop better teamwork within their...
- Raising a Family the Ramada Way. Wolff, Carlo // Lodging Hospitality;Feb99, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the Personal Best program for team building at the Ramada Inn in Columbus, Indiana. Benefits of the program; Family feeling among employees; Important elements of the program; Weakness of the lodging industry in motivating line-level employees.
- Team building. // Mortgage Banking;Sep98, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p102
Examines the ability of team-building training sessions to improve teamwork within organizations. Difficulty of measuring the program's effectiveness to improve teamwork; Recommended methods of conducting team-building sessions.
- Teams: Avoiding the pitfalls. Magee, Yvonne S. // Public Management (00333611);Jul97, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p26
Discusses strategies in avoiding work group problems. Productivity; Supervisor and individual roles in work groups; Potential value for organizational and individual development; Challenges encountered in managing work groups.