- Womack: Lean thinking starts with CEO. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;8/5/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5996, p12i
Interviews James Womack, an academician, on lean manufacturing management. Performance of Toyota; Progress in the automobile industry; Common mistakes of manufacturers in an effort to become lean.
- Lean Solutions: Do you know your customers? Roembke, Jackie; Kaiser, Kim; Ehle, Steve // Wood Digest;May2006, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on the steps to get into the lean process as explained by James Womack, founder and chairman of Lean Enterprise Institute. Womack noted that every step involves change in every person and process which focused on customers. Point price on products in the lean business should...
- Happy New Year! Weimer, George // Material Handling Management;Jan2001, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p30
Presents suggestions for effective manufacturing management. Focus on quality products; Knowledge on technologies and techniques for competitiveness; Emphasis on employee management.
- Perfiles profesionales. Barrilero, Rafael // Capital Humano;Sep2010, Vol. 23 Issue 246, p120
No abstract available.
- On Your Ranch, Are People a Strength or Headache? Erven, Bernie; Gilmore, Tommy // Rangelands (Allen Press Publishing Services Inc.);Aug2010, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses how ranch managers can assess the strengths and liabilities of their workers. According to the authors, successful ranch management requires the mastery of four different types of management, production management, financial management, marketing management, and human...
- Swarm the Floor. // Industry Week/IW;May2008, Vol. 257 Issue 5, p16
The article presents significant matter that manufacturing managers should consider in assuring continuous improvement of production area. It is stated that too much focus on the results of the program and offer less attention on the work processes may eventually sabotage the whole process....
- Womack: I don't understand PICOS. // Ward's Auto World;May93, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p9
Reports on `The Machine That Changed The World' author James P. Womack's comment on J. Ignacio Lopez de Arriortua's theory of cost reduction.
- REBUILDING BUSINESS. Maitland, Alison // Conference Board Review;May/Jun2009, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p68
The article discusses the factors essential for companies to emerge from the current economic crises including gender equality, appropriate working practices, and corporate responsibility. She highlights that companies with more women leaders are effectively functioning financially compared to...
- ï¿½ L'ï¿½valuation d'un Actif Spï¿½cifique Humain (ASH) dans une entreprise de l'Afrique subsaharienne : vers une proposition de mï¿½thodologie ? Ambassa, L�onard // Revue des Sciences de Gestion;jul-oct2007, Issue 226/227, p183
This article proposes the valuation of human specific assets through an approach integrated by the Value of the Human Potential of the Company. It leaves stakes illustrated well by the recent empirical studies of the OECD and puts in perspective the evaluation of these human specific assets at...