Heading up HR's agenda
- Deloitte: Southeast Asian organisations face risks in leadership and workforce capability. // Asia Insurance Review;Sep2015, p42
The article informs that according to findings highlighted in professional services firm Deloitte's "Southeast Asia Human Capital Trends 2015: Leading in the New World of Work" report, lack of sufficient leadership talent is a top issue facing most of HR and business leaders.
- Seeking Answers ON THE LACKLUSTER STATE OF Leadership. SINAR, EVAN; WELLINS, RICHARD S.; RAY, REBECCA // TD: Talent Development;Dec2014, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p36
The article presents the question and answers related to the human capital, customer relationships, innovation, and operational excellence by the corporations and discussing topics including preparedness of leaders to face challenges, employee development, and on-job learning for the employees. ...
- LEADERSHIP DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT AND CULTURE. // HR Professional;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p9
The article discusses how leadership drives employee engagement and culture according to the Canadian edition of Deloitte's Human Capital 2015 Trends report "Canadian Perspectives on the New World of Work."
- United Nations: Reform Initiatives Have Strengthened Operations, but Overall Objectives Have Not Yet Been Achieved: NSIAD-00-150. Hinton Jr., Henry L. // GAO Reports;5/10/2000, p1
The Secretary General of the United Nations reported in 1997 that the organization had become fragmented, duplicative, and ineffective in some areas--risking becoming irrelevant if it did not more effectively carry outs its mission. Since then, the U.N. has substantially restructured its...
- Strategic HR Won't Come Easily. Laabs, Jennifer // Workforce;Jan2000, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p52
Focuses on the failure of human resources (HR) professional to master leadership and communication. How Peter Firla of Infiltrator Systems Inc. defines leadership; Importance of an in-depth assessment of employee and organizational needs; Need for HR professionals to communicate. INSET: HR...
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: A REVIEW IN CONTEXT. Day, David V. // Leadership Quarterly;Winter2000, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p581
Examines the field of leadership through conceptual, practice and research contexts. Confusion on the distinction between leader and leadership development; Plan to bridge the practice and science of leadership development; Development of human and social capital in organizations.
- Skills Assessment. // HR Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p175
This article reports on Financial Outcome Assessment, an online software tool developed and launched by the Perth Leadership Institute designed to help employers measure and identify the financial skills and competence of executive- and management-level employees. This new assessment tool is...
- Achieving Success in Human Capital & Strategy. Kenny, Patrick // Asia Insurance Review;May2008, p83
The author reflects on critical issues driving the insurance industry including human capital, managerial strategies and ideologies. He considers that a successful leader identifies, invests and capitalizes on the strength of his team. He comments on the challenge of developing key leadership....
- Developing a new Perspective on Leadership Theory: From a Tree of Knowledge to a Rhizome of Contingencies. Mortimer, Chris // Electronic Journal of Business Research Methods;2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p55
Does the discursive formation of leadership theory hinder the development and practise of alternative leadership styles in the UK? This research question is in response to the issues summarised in the PriceWaterhouseCooper's 2008 report on Key Trends in Human Capital. Eight years into the new...