The secret of his success
- YES, YOU CAN WIN IN EASTERN EUROPE. Hofheinz, Paul; Martin, Thomas J. // Fortune;5/16/1994, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p110
Cites Percy Barnevik, CEO of Swiss-based ABB Asea Brown Boveri, who says Eastern Europe is not only a market for Western goods but a place to make high-quality products at low cost. Monies invested in Eastern Europe since the Berlin Wall came down; Merger of Swedish robotics maker ASEA with...
- Percy Barnevik. Branegan, Jay // Time;3/3/1997, Vol. 149 Issue 9, pGB5
Profiles Percy Barnevik, chairman of ABB Asea Brown Boveri, the world's largest electrical-engineering group, in Zurich, Switzerland. The success of ABB; His plans for revitalizing Europe.
- Percy Barnevik. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;6/6/94, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p20
Profiles Percy Barnevik, president and chief executive officer of Asea Brown Bover Limited (ABB). Overview of ABB; Management development plans; Global competition of ABB; Focus on commitment. INSET: `Deeply worried'..
- Global forces of change: Age of uncertainty. Barnevik, Percy // NACD Directorship;Mar1998, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p4
Presents the text of the first part of keynote address given by the chairman of ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd. at the 1997 International Industrial Conference on Inventing the Future, discussing his views on global economics and business.
- A view from Herald Square. McIntyre, Douglas A. // FW;7/18/95, Vol. 164 Issue 16, p12
Presents the ABB life cycle program designed by ABB Asea Brown Boveri head Percy Barnevik and his colleagues as the most complete and carefully constructed solution to problems concerning the harmful effects of manufacturing on the environment. Use of the ABB data base; Evaluating the...
- Making a giant dance. de Vries, Manfred F.R. Ke // Across the Board;Oct94, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p27
Interviews Percy Barnevik, head of ASEA Brown Boveri (ABB) Limited. Management policies; Strategic control over ABB; Comparison between ABB and General Electric Co.; Getting people to internalize on customer-focus values; Organizational design; Selecting people for global organization;...
- A SIGNIFICANT EXPERIMENT. // Management Review;Jun92, Vol. 81 Issue 6, pA7
Focuses on the organizational restructuring at Asea Brown Boveri (ABB). Role of Percy Barnevik as president; Merger of Sweden's Asea and Switzerland's Brown Boveri in 1988; Process of decentralization implemented by Barnevik; Strategy of gettiny employees to forget their nationality and...
- World trade's executive of the decade. Barth, Steve // World Trade;Dec98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p42
Describes Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Percy Barnevik's development of a model of competitive enterprise combining global vision and deep local roots. Redefinition of the modern international corporation; Creation of a truly global corporate culture; Establishment of...
- Barnevik. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p724
Information on Swedish business executive Percy Barnevik is presented. He was formerly chief executive and now chairman of Asea Brown Boveri Ltd., where he reduced bureaucracy, decentralized resources and authority and introduced a matrix management structure and ran a global expansion strategy.