Proposed tax merger sparks fears of chaos
- DOUBLE VISION. Hope, Katie // People Management;4/6/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p38
The article focuses on the merger of the British Inland Revenue with the British Her Majesty's (HM) Customs and Excise to form the British HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). Linda Martin, head of learning at the HMRC, said the merger aims to improve the customer experience. Her first task is to...
- Changes to VAT accounting. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Nov95, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p3
Reports that the British Customs and Excise has announced that it will be introducing changes to the VAT Annual Accounting Scheme on April 1, 1996. Development of a simplified scheme for calculating value added tax (VAT); Extended use of automated methods of paying VAT; Settling of all VAT...
- Importers system simplified. Mainprice, Hugh; Harper, Jack // Accountancy;Dec1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1096, p32
Reports that Her Majesty's Customs & Excise has published a new package of information about 'Period Entry,' a simplified importers system. Contact information.
- VAT. Buckett, Alan; Elliott, Graham // Accountancy;Sep95, Vol. 116 Issue 1225, p116
Reports on the British Customs' review of the Tour Operators Margin Scheme.
- Customs to simplify its legislation. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep95, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p4
Reports that the Customs and Excise has set up a special team to review its current legislation with a view to rationalising and simplifying it. Promise and aim of team conducting the review; Stages of the Consolidation project; Contact address.
- TAX POINTS. Buckett, Alan; Elliott, Graham // Accountancy;Sep95, Vol. 116 Issue 1225, p118
Reports on Visa International's release of details of the British Customs' agreement to accept the Visa Purchasing system for the purpose of evidencing the right to input tax deductions. Risk posed by the system to Custom's revenue.
- The view from the sharp end. Hilton, Nick // Forestry & British Timber;May2003, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p15
Focuses on the importance of time for the forest industries in Great Britain. Career history of the author; Legislation created by the Her Majesty's Customs and Excise; Exemptions from the legislation.
- Changes in VAT accounting procedures. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Feb95, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on the commencement of British Customs and Excise consultation of businesses on possible changes to the value added tax accounting and payment procedures. Proposals; Preparation of consultation document and compliance-cost assessment.
- Tax treatment of disaster funds. // Accountancy;Jan1990, Vol. 105 Issue 1157, p55
Reports that the British HM Customs & Excise have issued a leaflet giving guidance on the tax treatment of disaster funds.