BA hopes to clear air with top-flight moves
- BA cabin crew end dispute. // Buying Business Travel;Jul/Aug2011, Issue 51, p7
The article reports that cabin crew members of the Unite union have unanimously voted to end a dispute against British Airways PLC (BA) over pay and working conditions.
- BA clears the air with trade union. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;1/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p14
Discusses the social partnership between the British Airways and T&G union in Great Britain. Implication of the labor dispute involving T&G; Reason behind the strike of the airlines' cabin crews; Percentage rise in the T&G membership among crews.
- Airline accused of running `beauty contest' for union. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p9
Reports on British Airways subsidiary low-fare airline Go's plan to select a labor union that will represent its cabin crew and ground personnel. Airline industry unions' protest against the plan.
- British Airways. CRUSH, PETER // Human Resources (09648380);May2010, p15
The article focuses on the dispute between British Airways PLC and the workers' union Unite over who has earned rights in a dispute for which the majority of the population in Great Britain has shown no sympathy to either side.
- In brief. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/25/2011, Issue 2948, p5
The article offers news briefs related to travel industry, such as the intention of the Unite union to reballot the cabin crew members of British Airways PLC between March 1 and March 28, 2011 and the third summer navigation of Celebrity Eclipse ship in Southampton, England.
- Striking a deal -- or just on strike? Stern, Stefan // Supply Management;4/1/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p16
The author offers his views on how to negotiate. He mentions the dispute between British Airways (BA) and the Unite union, which is still unresolved. He points out that negotiations can be hard and it involves compromise on both sides. He identifies the key lessons learned from the BA-Unite...
- News Breaks. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/22/2007, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p29
This article states that the British Airways and the Transport and General Workers Union are in negotiations to try to avoid a strike by cabin staff. Workers voted overwhelmingly in favor of industrial action over concerns about the airline's sickness absence policies and pay grading.
- welcome. Ferguson, Martin // Buying Business Travel;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 45, p3
In this article the author discusses the clash between British Airways PLC (BA) and Unite the Union in Great Britain.
- Submit your entry now for HR's top awards. Spalding, Dawn; Pettman, Allan; Manning, Martin // Personnel Today;5/25/2010, p8
Several blogs related to personnel management are discussed including one inviting entries for Personnel Today Awards 2010, one in response to an article "British Airways urged by union to engage in meaningful negotiations," in the May 11, 2010 issue and one in response to the article "Next...