Personality type matching and student teacher evaluation
- Passing the Torch: Performance Assessment Benchmarks for Preservice Teachers and Mentor Teacher Training. Morgan, Bobbette M. // Education;Spring99, Vol. 119 Issue 3, p374
Focuses on performance assessment benchmarks for preservice teachers and mentor teacher training in the United States. Program structure; Characteristics of a performance assessment instrument.
- Teacher performance assessment. // American School Board Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 198 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on a study, "Preservice Performance Assessment and Teacher Early Career Effectiveness," which reveals that students scored a percentile point higher on average for every point their teachers scored in their preservice performance assessment in Canada.
- Cooperating teachers' evaluations of student teachers: All... Brucklacher, Barry // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar98, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p67
Describes a study of cooperating teachers' evaluations that resulted in below-average grades. Policy imposed by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE); Criteria used for employing cooperating teachers (CT); Instrument use to evaluate student teachers; Results of...
- National Launch of edTPA. // Education Digest;Jan2013, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p50
The article presents an except from a April 14, 2012 press release regarding the launch of edTPA, a pre-service teacher assessment process developed by the Stanford Center for Assessment, Learning and Equity (SCALE), and the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE).
- A CONFIRMATORY FACTOR ANALYTIC APPROACH ON PERCEPTIONS OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS IN TEACHING (PKST). CHOY, DORIS; KAM MING LIM; CHONG, SYLVIA; WONG, ANGELA F. L. // Psychological Reports;Apr2012, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p589
This paper reports the cross-validation of the factor pattern of the Perceptions of Knowledge and Skills in Teaching (PKST) survey, which was used to assess the self-perceived pedagogical knowledge and skills of pre-service and beginning teachers. The sample comprised 323 pre-service teachers...
- A meta-analytic examination of the relationship between control expectancies and academic... Kalechstein, Ari D.; Nowicki Jr., Stephen // Genetic, Social & General Psychology Monographs;Feb97, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p29
Presents a meta-analytic review of the relationship between control expectancies and academic achievement for studies published between 1983 and 1994. Locus of control of reinforcement; Rotter's social learning theory; Control expectancy measures.
- Learning style. // Pediatrics for Parents;1994, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p5
Reports on a study suggesting that third, fourth and fifth graders who prefer to learn alone rather than with groups, perform better. Tests results as compared with students preferring to learn with others.
- Warning Signs of Academic Problems. // USA Today Magazine;Apr2000, Vol. 128 Issue 2659, p14
Presents a list of warning indicators that signal potential or serious academic problems in children.
- Cognitive-motivational predictors of science achievement. House, J. Daniel // International Journal of Instructional Media;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p155
Investigates the predictive relationship between initial affective characteristics and the subsequent achievement of college students in introductory science courses. Importance of students' attitudes and motivation; Correlation coefficients for the relationships between each attitude variable...