Personality type matching and student teacher evaluation
- Passing the Torch: Performance Assessment Benchmarks for Preservice Teachers and Mentor Teacher Training. Morgan, Bobbette M. // Education;Spring99, Vol. 119 Issue 3, p374
Focuses on performance assessment benchmarks for preservice teachers and mentor teacher training in the United States. Program structure; Characteristics of a performance assessment instrument.
- Teacher performance assessment. // American School Board Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 198 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on a study, "Preservice Performance Assessment and Teacher Early Career Effectiveness," which reveals that students scored a percentile point higher on average for every point their teachers scored in their preservice performance assessment in Canada.
- Cooperating teachers' evaluations of student teachers: All... Brucklacher, Barry // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar98, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p67
Describes a study of cooperating teachers' evaluations that resulted in below-average grades. Policy imposed by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE); Criteria used for employing cooperating teachers (CT); Instrument use to evaluate student teachers; Results of...
- A CONFIRMATORY FACTOR ANALYTIC APPROACH ON PERCEPTIONS OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS IN TEACHING (PKST). CHOY, DORIS; KAM MING LIM; CHONG, SYLVIA; WONG, ANGELA F. L. // Psychological Reports;Apr2012, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p589
This paper reports the cross-validation of the factor pattern of the Perceptions of Knowledge and Skills in Teaching (PKST) survey, which was used to assess the self-perceived pedagogical knowledge and skills of pre-service and beginning teachers. The sample comprised 323 pre-service teachers...
- edTPA for Invested Partners: What You Need to Know About Student Teachers in Illinois. Kelly-McHale, Jacqueline; Doherty, Mary Lynn; Frazee-Hill, Cheryl // Illinois Music Educator;Spring2014, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p56
The article focuses on the implementation of the edTPA student teacher assessment program in Illinois. Topics discussed include the edTPA's aim of promoting student centered learning and evaluation of student teacher's influence on student learning. The preparation of the teacher candidates for...
- National Launch of edTPA. // Education Digest;Jan2013, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p50
The article presents an except from a April 14, 2012 press release regarding the launch of edTPA, a pre-service teacher assessment process developed by the Stanford Center for Assessment, Learning and Equity (SCALE), and the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE).
- A meta-analytic examination of the relationship between control expectancies and academic... Kalechstein, Ari D.; Nowicki Jr., Stephen // Genetic, Social & General Psychology Monographs;Feb97, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p29
Presents a meta-analytic review of the relationship between control expectancies and academic achievement for studies published between 1983 and 1994. Locus of control of reinforcement; Rotter's social learning theory; Control expectancy measures.
- Learning style. // Pediatrics for Parents;1994, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p5
Reports on a study suggesting that third, fourth and fifth graders who prefer to learn alone rather than with groups, perform better. Tests results as compared with students preferring to learn with others.
- Who loses HOPE? Attrition from Georgia's college scholarship program. Dee, Thomas S.; Jackson, Linda A. // Southern Economic Journal;Oct99, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p379
Examines observed student characteristics relating to Hope Outstanding Pupils Educationally Scholarship attrition in Georgia. Relationship between scholarship attrition and measures of student ability; Implication of the chosen course of study in the retention of the scholarship; Benefits of...