Texas agency finds refunding done for health care center gets keen response
- synthetic refunding: a financial tool for low interest-rate environment. Jordahl, Eric; Ponton, Kevin T. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p102
Offers tips for U.S.-based hospitals on how to use synthetic refunding as a financial instrument for bond refinancing. Features of synthetic refunding; Reduction of high interest-rate debt by using an interest rate swap; Risks associated with synthetic refunding.
- Suburban Detroit Hospital Prepares Its Largest Issue Ever. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/03/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31131, p32
Focuses on preparations of William Beaumont Hospital for the sale of single issue refunding bonds and new-money in Chicago, Illinois. Negotiation between hospital officials and triple-A rated insurers; Affirmation of the Fitch AA-minus rating of the hospital debt system; Need of capital project...
- East Texas Health System Offering $60 Million Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31615, p29
The east Texas-based Trinity Mother Frances Hospital System is planning for a $ 60.3 million sale of revenue bonds. A local conduit issuer, the Tyler Health Facilities Development Corp., will issue the bonds. Merrill Lynch & Co. and Cain Brothers will serve as co-managers for the $60 million...
- Rochester, N.Y., Hospital Selling $35 Million of High-Yield Tax-Exempts. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p4
Reports on the offering of a multi-million dollar unenhanced tax-exempt debt by Highland Hospital of Rochester in Rochester, New York. Price imposed for the sale of bonds; Use of the proceeds to help expand operations and refund some existing debt; Importance of the refunding to improve the...
- Illinois Hospital System Upgraded Ahead of Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;8/28/2015, p1
Illinois-based OSF Healthcare System won an upgrade ahead of its September new money and refunding sale for $367 million in recognition of its improved financial performance.
- MICHIGAN: Foiled Hospital to Try Again. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/26/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33012, p9
The article reports on the approval of a measure by the Kalamazoo City Commission for Bronson Methodist Hospital to refund up to $215 million in revenue bonds. The bonds will be issued through the Kalamazoo Hospital Finance Authority. Proceeds of the deal will be used to refund two series of...
- Hospital Sisters Refunding With Eye on Future Borrowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/5/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34206, p1
Springfield, Ill.-based Hospital Sisters Services Inc. will refund $180 million of bonds Wednesday shedding some of its floating rate exposure.
- Atlanta Mayor: Bonds a Go. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p1
Reports on the plans of Atlanta's mayor, Shirley Franklin, to deal with bond-funded projects following improvements in the city's economic conditions. Projects that will be undertaken by the city; Need for renovation of the city; Ratings of the city by ratings agency in terms of its economic...
- Oklahoma County Refunding Raises Eyebrows Over Fees. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p1
Reports on a controversy related to multimillion refunding deal in Canadian County, Oklahoma. Comments of the financial advisor on the controversy; Negotiated deal overcame by the county in December 2002; Overview of the competitive and negotiated bond sales for the county.