Nuclear power plants could drain municipalities during deregulation
- Moody's: Challenge to intangibles tax puts 5 Pennsylvania counties at risk. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/18/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30275, p32
Reports that Moody's Investors Service is launching a legal challenge against the personal property tax rule of Pennsylvania. Economic impact on Pennsylvania counties Allegheny, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery if the Pennsylvania Supreme Court orders a refund; Financial difficulties in...
- ...but even mightiest systems have fallen. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;03/08/99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p64
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has lowered its credit rating on debts held by top-rated hospital systems in the United States in 1998. Reason behind the revisions.
- Moody's: record downgrades could mean new recession. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/11/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 48, p12
Forecasts a recession in the year 2001 attributed to the credit rating downgrades made by Moody's Investor Service Inc. for the last quarter of 2000. Comparison of downgrade ratios; High interest rates and less capital attributed to a possible recession.
- Systems seek credit for `hidden value'. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;7/01/96, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p40
Discusses the practice of Moody's Investors Services in rating a healthcare system's credit, which rarely counts the value of the health maintenance organizations (HMOs) or physician group practices. Incorporation of the `hidden value' into a rating at the time of the sale; Reasons for Moody's...
- Moody's rates $11B of big bank loans. // American Banker;5/2/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 83, p22
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's assignment of credit ratings to bank loans. Rating of bank loans as a reflection of the increase in interest of institutional investors in credit; Advantages of loan ratings; Bank loans rated.
- Debts at REITs Worry Moody's. Avidon, Eric // National Mortgage News;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p1
Assesses the United States real estate investment trust sector, according to Moody's Investors Service Inc. Credit downgrading of and problems hobbling the sector; Mergers and acquisitions activity; Concerns over debt levels; Maturity of bank debt.
- Moody's cuts Kmart's rating. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/20/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 98, p2
Presents information on Moody's Investors Corp. cutting Kmart Corporation's credit rating to Ba3 from Ba2. Reasons for this action; Moody's view of Kmart's financial position; Conditions for bank loan; Sale of preferred stock and its expected impact on Kmart's financial flexibility.
- Moody's Blues. // Treasury & Risk Management;May2001, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on impact of performance of equity markets in the first quarter of 2001 on corporate credit quality in the United States. Analysis by rating agency Moody's Investors Service; Ratio of upgrades to downgrades.
- Lower Grades Can't Keep Buyers From Staying in Schools. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;05/03/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30883, p7
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has downgraded six United States school credits based on financial difficulties in 2000. Rating change; Claim of Moody's that none of the downgrades are serious enough to render the bonds junk; Popularity of school bonds among investors.