Massachusetts utility deregulation set for governor's signature today
- Bad idea back in bay state. // NEA Today;Feb99, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the failure of Massachusetts Governor Paul Cellucci's attempt to pass a testing bill for teachers in the state. Insights from Alice Reilly, a teacher at Robin Hood School; Facts ignored by Cellucci.
- Massachusetts' governor voices optimism about boom, bond cap. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;10/23/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30258, p31
Focuses on announcements by Massachusetts Governor Paul Celluci on a possible increase of bond capitalization in the state for 1997. Forecasts made by Celluci at the New England Public Finance Conference on October 22 in Boston; Celluci's intention to maintain positive bond demand in the state....
- Massachusetts State of the State targets education, $1.2 billion tax reduction. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p5
Reports on Massachusetts Governor A. Paul Cellucci's State of the State address which focused on his plans to increase education spending and reduce tax rates. Critics' reaction to Celluci's promise to hire 4000 new teachers; Authority of local districts to determine how their state funds are...
- Massachusetts governor trumpets economic growth, pushes tax cuts. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30812, p32
Focuses on the state of the state address of Massachusetts Governor Paul Cellucci. Emphasis on tax cuts; Utilization of a credit rating hike from Moody's Investors Service as leverage to rally support for the cuts; Proposed expansion of a housing program for low- and moderate-income residents.
- There's not much Cellucci can do correctly. Epperly, Jeff // Bay Windows;2/10/2000, pN.PAG
Comments on the administration of Massachusetts Governor Paul Cellucci. Implication of a ballot initiative that would cut taxes in the state for taxpayers; Stance of Cellucci on the domestic partnership legislation; Views on U.S. President George W. Bush.
- High Profile. CUMMINGS, CAROL // Italian America;Summer2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p2
The article profiles several notable Italian Americans as of 2013. Author Don de Lillo will receive the Library of Congress Prize for American Fiction in Washington, D.C. in September. Lisa Monaco, the chief counterterrorism adviser of U.S. President Barack Obama, has headed the briefings on the...
- Expand Paths to Teaching, Cellucci Tells Lawmakers. Gehring, John // Education Week;01/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p16
Reports on Governor Paul Cellucci's support for the testing system for schools in Massachusetts. Other education policies proposed by Cellucci; Criticisms against the testing system.
- Staying the fiscal course tops Gov. Cellucci's agenda. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30770, p5
Focuses on Massachusetts Governor A. Paul Cellucci's agenda to maintain fiscal prudence. Outline of Cellucci's plan to strike funds out of the proposed spending from the legislative budget; Challenge of lawmakers to go beyond the financial changes in education reform.
- Cellucci proposes lifting Massachusetts spending just 2.8%. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30816, p32
Reports on Massachusetts Governor A. Paul Cellucci's budget proposal where he outlined the state's spending plans. Proposal to expand the state clean water revolving loan funds; Allocation of funds to help process of privatizing the operations of the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority.