Dade County, Fla. will maintain its underwriting ban on Smith Barney
- Oklahoma chooses Smith Barney to run $300 million highway deal. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/26/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30217, p30
Announces the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority's selection of Smith Barney Inc. to run the Oklahoma highway bond deal expected to come to market in fall 1997. Other companies selected to handle the deal; Structuring $300 million of bonds as a lease-purchase deal.
- SEC said to examine Smith Barney abuses. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30396, p5
Focuses on US Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation of Smith Barney Inc. for yield-burning, pay-to-play and other alleged abuses in connection with a number of municipal offerings around the country. Agency's investigation of a number of firms for alleged yield-burning abuses;...
- Smith Barney tops muni market. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;09/15/97, Vol. 13 Issue 37, p1
Presents information on Smith Barney Incorporated which is certain to win the number one position in the municipal finance business, overthrowing 1996 winners Merrill Lynch and Company and Goldman Sachs and Company. Amount of money Smith managed in municipal bonds in September, 1996;...
- Smith Barney fund wins $14.7 million. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p1
Reports that a jury has awarded $14.7 million to Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s Smith Barney Managed Municipals Fund in a lawsuit filed over an issuer's substitution of escrow securities that were backing zero-coupon bonds. Importance of the case to the move toward full disclosure in municipal...
- Leveraged products inflate bond demand. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;04/02/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30364, p35
Cites an increase in demand for municipal bonds in the United States due to leveraged product structures such as tender-option bond programs, based on a report by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Impact of these programs to the supply-demand differentials; Effects of the exacerbation of the use of...
- Salomon keeps unit for muni arbitrage. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30431, p35
Reports on Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s decision to continue with its four-person municipal group's true arbitrage effort. Municipal desk's primary cash and carry trade; Smith Barney's plan to dissolve its bond arbitrage department.
- New York City's tobacco debt ready to price. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p1
Reports on New York City's plan to issue a municipal bond backed by the city's share of the tobacco settlement fund as of November 4, 1999. Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s plan to price the proposed bond; Investors' concerns regarding the proposed bond.
- Municipals End Higher With Treasuries; Salt River Power, Fla. DOT Bonds Priced. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Increase of municipal bond prices; Price increase in the issued bonds of the Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District; Purchase of construction bonds by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. from the...
- Houston agency taps Smith Barney to run Astros stadium deal. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30228, p30
Discloses that the Harris County-Houston Sports Authority has selected Smith Barney Inc. to run the books on a $180 million revenue bond deal that will to pay for a new baseball stadium for the Houston Astros. Other contending companies for the account; Debt financing sources.