Treasuries slip, municipals firm as short week gets underway
- Muni Bond Prices Finish Unchanged Ahead of Today's Unemployment Data. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p2
Reports on developments relevant to the market for municipal bonds in the United States as of October 6, 2000. Increase in the prices of Treasury bonds; Moderate bid-wanted flow in the secondary market for municipal bonds; Light trading activity for municipal bonds.
- Municipals End 3/8 to 1/2 Lower; Market Awaits Week's New Issues. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31057, p2
Reports that municipal bond prices in the United States finished lower on January 12, 2001. Moderate to active trading; Decline in Treasuries prices; Absence of changes in the producer price index (PPI) in December 2000; Calculated total of municipal bonds scheduled for negotiated sale;...
- August employment nudges prices down. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;09/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30225, p2
Reports on the moderate lowering of Treasury bond prices in the United States as a result of the employment report issued for the month of August, 1997. Concerns on the possible rise of inflation due to the growth; Fall in the prices of ten-year notes; Rally posted by bonds due to the US Labor...
- Muni prices fall 3/8 to 1/2 point as treasury prices melt down. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30788, p2
Reports on the decline in prices of municipal bonds in the United States on December 14, 1999. Sellers' routing of the bond market in the wake of unfavorable retail sales data; Sale of treasury bonds; Resilience in the intermediate range where market participants still report demand for a light...
- Munis join in treasuries' rally as long bond supply keeps shrinking. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;02/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30821, p2
Reports on municipal bond prices in the United States on February 2, 2000. Rise in the 30-year Treasury bond market; Hike in the Federal Funds target for overnight lending and discount rate; Spread between yields on two-year notes and 30-year bonds; Continuing fears of inflation.
- Retail reader's guide. // Bond Buyer;07/31/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30199, p7
Presents charts and graphs reflecting municipal bonds and government securities prices in the United States as of July 31, 1997. Years to maturity; Triple-A; Pre-tax equivalent.
- Municipals Lag Treasury Gains, Expected to Cheapen Even More. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p2
Reports on the lagging status of the United States Treasury bond in comparison with the municipal bonds. Conditions of bond prices; Views on the trend of bond prices in the future; Details on the bond prices.
- Market snapshot: Tuesday, September 29. // Bond Buyer;09/29/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30488, p2
Presents information about prices of municipal bonds and government securities in the United States as of September 29, 1998.
- Munis climb, dip with treasuries as traders await this week's deals. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;09/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30225, p1
Reports on the rise in the prices of municipal bonds in the United States due to the volatility of the Treasury market. Rise and fall of the government market; Rise of non-farm payrolls; Entry of long-principal zero coupons sellers into the market; Rise of the factory sector; Observance of some...