- Business & finance. // Online;May/Jun98, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p12
Presents news briefs on trends and technologies relating to all aspects of online information systems in the United States. Information on Lexis-Nexis Xchange for Business, a Web-based news and business information-gathering tool; Details on the availability of Multex Systems Research-On-Demand...
- Online services updates. // Online;May/Jun98, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p14
Presents brief news information as it relates to trends and technologies on all aspects of online information systems. Scientific databases offered by Elsevier Science through SilverPlatter's Search by Search Service; Availability of information from the American Psychological Association's...
- Facts & figures. // Online;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p12
Presents statistical information pertaining to the online services industry. Estimate number of digital video disk (DVD) video players which will be sold during 1998; Prediction for DVD read only memory drive sales; Number of active Internet users in the United States.
- Noise. // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p6
Reports on developments concerning computer and online communication companies as of March 10, 1997. Includes Sportsline USA Inc. partnership with CBS television network; Failed deal between America Online Inc. and Fidelity Investments Inc.; AOL President Bob Pittman's business initiatives.
- Security alliance to cross license technologies. Jones, Kevin // Inter@ctive Week;08/04/97, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p14
Reports that a number of suppliers of security software are grouping together to provide tools that would enable developers to include anti-virus, digital certificate, authentication and encryption features in their products. Identification of the companies joined the SecureOne alliance and...
- Digital commerce. // Inter@ctive Week;08/04/97, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p24
Presents news briefs relating to the communications industry in the United States. Joint venture between Concentric Network Corporation, Mellon Bank Corporation and the United States Treasury; Information on HealthGate's health-related site; Details on a Web-site designed to showcase the work...
- Cybermedia. // Inter@ctive Week;08/04/97, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p29
Presents news briefs related to the communications industry in the United States. Details on a web site launched by Time Incorporated and America Online Incorporated through a joint venture; Amount of money StarMedia Network raised in venture capital financing from Chase Capital Partners,...
- Access. // Inter@ctive Week;08/04/97, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p31
Presents news briefs relating to the communications industry in the United States. Details on a product to be developed through a joint venture with Analog Devices Incorporated and Libit Signal Processing Limited; Corporate information on Frost & Sullivan; Information on an Internet telephony...
- Wired for backup. J. P.; O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Aug97, Vol. 251 Issue 2, p43
Reports on data backup for safekeeping through an Internet online service. The service from Connected Corp. called DataSafe; Personal Vault from McAfee; SureFind from SureFind Corporation; How the data backup works; The cost.