Clueless: How American companies aren't optimizing their brainpower
- Communicating performance standards. // IIE Solutions;May96, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p8
Reports on a study by Kepner-Tregoe indicating that workers and managers have differing views on performance standards. Barriers posed by unclear job expectations to good performance; Percentage of managers who believe their companies operate with no formal performance system.
- Warning: Employee turnover can cost you 'big time'. Kramer, Karen L. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;
Comments on the study conducted by Princeton, New Jersey-based consulting firm Kepner-Tregoe Inc. to calculate the costs of losing an individual employee. Details on the Turnover Costing Model used in the study; Negative effects of labor turnover on a company.
- Half-brainer. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Apr97, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p5
Reports that more than half of all company managers and workers in United States are using half or less collective brainpower, according to a Kepner-Tregoe Incorporated survey.
- News & know-how: The workplace. // Association Management;Jan1995, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p27
Discusses the results of a study conducted by Kepner-Tregoe, Inc. of Princeton, New Jersey on the effectiveness of change initiatives. Indication of the human side being ignored.
- Manager's, workers differ on change. Pospisil, Vivian // Industry Week/IW;10/3/94, Vol. 243 Issue 18, p6
Presents the study conducted by the consulting firm Kepner-Tregoe on the perceptions of executives and employees on change initiative programs. Failure of change initiatives to meet expectations; Results of employment programs.
- Management buyout. // Business News New Jersey;3/20/96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the management buyout of Kepner-Tregoe Inc. from USF&G by thirty three partners. T. Quinn Spitzer as leader of the buyout; History of Kepner-Tregoe.
- Organizations using less than half of available collective... Warkentin, Denise // Electric Light & Power;Mar1998, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p4
Provides information on the survey on the attitudes and practices of managers and employees about their workplace environment conducted by Kepner-Tregoe Co. Example of questions sent to the respondents; Findings of the study; Leading companies the have taken action to switch to organizations...
- MANAGERIAL JUDGMENT AND CRITICAL THINKING. Exton Jr., W. // ETC: A Review of General Semantics;Spring91, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p16
Talks about a consistent, integrated methodology for teaching critical thinking. An intellectual discipline; Known internationally as general semantics; Requirements for critical thinking; What critical thinking should help one do; Evaluating the`communicated experience'; Understanding the...
- Critical questions: Whose questions? Simpson, Anne, // Reading Teacher;Oct96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p118
Presents a study on the teaching of critical literacy to children analyzing questions they raised. Interpretation of children's interests; Aim of opening up issues for debate to show explicity; Approaches on teaching critical text analysis; Excerpts of questions based on understanding;...