- Ford Adds Jobs, Invests Millions in Buffalo Stamping Plant. // Welding Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the plan of automobile manufacturer Ford Motor Co. to invest $150 million and add about 350 new jobs at its Buffalo Stamping Plant in New York.
- Ford to Close Three European Plants. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;10/29/2012, p7
The article reports on the announcement by Ford Motor Co. in October 2012 that it will close several European facilities. An 18 percent reduction in installed vehicle assembly capacity, excluding Russia, is expected. Aside from the planned closure of Ford's assembly plant in Southamption and...
- Eliminate periodic noise. Stephen Woodward, W. // Electronic Design;7/10/95, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p104
Discusses the measures to eliminate periodic noise. Illustration of the analog/digital synchronous-average circuit and its functions; Inevitability of intrusion of periodic noise into electronic circuits; Processes involved; Characteristics; Superiority of the filter transient response to that...
- New silencer eliminates noise from ductwork. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p50
Features the silencer developed by Fraunhofer-Institut fur Bauphysik. Product features; Applications; Benefits.
- Noise reduction. // Professional Safety;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p49
Reports that World Acoustic Regulators specializes in industrial noise reduction and engineering noise out of the work place. Methods of noise reduction; What materials the company uses.
- Dolby S may be the answer to the classical question of noise reduction. McCormick, Moira // Billboard;7/17/93, Vol. 105 Issue 29, The Billboard Spotlight. pTD-10
Discusses the Dolby Spectral Recording Process (S-type) noise reduction (NR) mechanism. Performance appraisal; Expense; Comparison with Dolby `B'-type NR mechanism; Advantages of S over B.
- Adaptive-filtering developments extend noise-cancellation applications. Goldberg, Lee // Electronic Design;2/6/95, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p34
Features the noise reduction system developed by Noise Cancellation Technologies Corp. for telecommunications equipment. Ability to reduce noise for transmission and reception of speech; Use of a noise-cancelling system, adaptive speech filter and noise-cancelling microphone.
- Hearing aid. Fedorko, B.; Ruderman, Pamela // Boating;Feb94, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p54
Features the Noisebuster, a battery-powered stereo headset, which offers a high-tech way to drown out harmful noise without eliminating the important sounds that need to be heard. Percentage of noise between 30 and 1,500 Hz eliminated; Inability of headsets to stay on at high speeds;...
- Turning down the volume. Clark, R.C.; Merwinski, J.C. // Machine Design;9/24/93, Vol. 65 Issue 19, p64
Presents the use of design techniques that reduce the noise from industrial equipment. Noise-abatement aircraft maneuvers; Use of various materials as silencers; Features of fiber metal liners; Factors in noise reduction; Design factors.