Down in Mexico
- Flexibility the focus in Oshawa. Keebler, Jack // Automotive News;2/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5539, p6
Reports on the program of Chevrolet and General Motors in their plant in Oshawa, Ontario on manufacturing improvements to reestablish themselves in the North American market for large car segment. Roll out of Monte Carlo automobile with limited color choices to ensure quality; Objectives of the...
- Wrinkle free? Gardner, Greg // Ward's Auto World;Jan97, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p65
Describes operations at General Motors Corp.'s Fairfax, Kansas automobile factory. Launch of the 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix automobile; Lost days of production; Flexible body shop; Integrated stamping plant; Push to minimize wasted motion.
- GM agrees to pay North Tarrytown taxes until 1997. Jordan, John // Westchester County Business Journal;10/4/93, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the deal by the village of North Tarrytown with General Motors Corp. (GMC), ensuring GMC's environmental cleanup of the assembly plant and the continued payment of taxes at the current rate until 1997. Sale of the property to the village if General Motors is unable to find a buyer;...
- Last call in North Tarrytown. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/08/96, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p7
Reports on the closure of the automobile assembly plant of General Motors Corp. (GM) in North Tarrytown, New York. Reaction of GM workers; Founding history; Effect of closure on business enterprises; Relocation, retirement or layoff of employees.
- My Thai. // Automotive Industries;Jun96, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p15
Reports on General Motors (GM) Corp.'s selection of Thailand as its $700 million car manufacturing center in the Rayong development zone on Thailand's eastern seaboard. Planned initial capacity of GM's car plant.
- Diamond In The Rough. McCormick, John // Automotive Industries;Jun2000, Vol. 180 Issue 6, p73
Focuses on General Motors' (GM) assembly plant in Gliwice, Poland. Cost of building the plant; Explanation on the potential benefits of Poland to GM; Details on GM involvement in Poland. INSET: Not Quite Polka Time.
- Buick city, RIP. // Automotive News;7/5/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5827, p12
Comments on General Motors' closure of its car manufacturing business in Flint, Michigan.
- City's boom replaced by a hollow thud. Buss, Dale D. // Automotive News;7/5/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5827, p34
Focuses on General Motors' closure of its car manufacturing operations in Flint, Michigan. Background on Buick City's history; Labor problems faced by the business.
- GM picks Kan. plant for Epsilon. Miller, Joe // Automotive News;7/12/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5828, p6
Reports on General Motors' designation of its automobile factory in Fairfax, Kansas, as the lead plant for manufacture of its Epsilon vehicle platform.