A pressworking potpourri
- Fine Blanking. Charles, Ron // Automotive Industries;Sep2005, Vol. 185 Issue 9, p1
The article provides information on the fine blanking industry. Patented in 1922 for the Swiss clock and watch industry, the fine blanking process was adopted by the broader manufacturing industry in the 1970's. There are numerous ways to use the fine blanking process such as making automotive...
- Filling out the blanks. Hotter, David S.; Frauchiger, Paul // Machine Design;01/15/98, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p109
Focuses on the use of fineblanking by engineers to stop multiple forming and machining step from manufacturing cycles. Description of the fineblanking process; Details on the advances in the fineblanking process; Benefits of the process. INSET: Material considerations.
- Powder tops trends in appliance coatings. Triplett, Tim // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jan95, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p28
Reports on the growth in the use of powder coated blanks in the United States. Features of the blank coating process and views of manufacturers on its use. INSET: Powder coaters aim at U.S. manufacturers..
- BRIEFS. // Metal Center News;Mar2010, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p9
The article offers world news briefs including the Red Bud Industries' coil processing seminar in Illinois on April 27, 2010, the installation of Red Bud's blanking line grip feed system by Packer Yadpaz Ltd., and purchase of Steel Sales and Services Inc. service center by Contractors Steel Co.
- Laser Blanking System. // Automotive Design & Production;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 125 Issue 10, p64
The article evaluates the Laser Blanking Line from Schuler AG.
- Fine Blanking: A process whose time has come . Worthing, Keith // Automotive Engineer;May99, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p50
Examines the advantages of process fine blanking to automotive components manufacturers. Value of fine blanked products in U.S. and Great Britain markets; Replacement of several machining operations by fine blanking; Information about the development of the process; Components used in the...
- New Lafayette Steel blanking line to boost productivity. // Metal Center News;Feb98, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p12
Discloses plans of Olympic Steel Inc. to install a Red Bud multi-cut blanking line at its Lafayette Steel facility in detroit, Michigan, in order to improve the operations' productivity. Products manufactured at the Lafayette Steel service center.
- Ryerson Tull Adds New High-Speed, 0.25-in. Multi-Blanking Line. // 33 Metalproducing;May2001, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p35
Reports on Ryerson Tull Inc. service center facility in Renton, Washington's installation of a high-speed precision blanking line built by Red Bud Industries. Capabilities of the line.
- Excelsior Steel Processing adds Multi-Blanking 'Bright' Line. Etherton, Roscoe // Metal Center News;Jul2000, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p10
Reports the installation of a High Speed 10 Gage Stainless Steel Precision MultiBlanking Line by Excelsior Steel Processing Limited in Canada. Features and capabilities of the Steel Precision MultiBlanking line; Requirements for the toll processor; Reasons for choosing the line over other systems.