The Accord's awesome launch
- Flexibility bumps up Accord coupe. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;12/13/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5530, p10
Focuses on changes in the production routine at Honda of America's manufacturing facility in Marysville, Ohio to speed up the delivery of the remodeled Accord coupe. Compressed schedule for tooling up the coupe line; Four nine-hour and fifth four-hour day routine; Wednesday-through-Sunday workweek.
- Honda accelerates startup of'94 Accord. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;5/10/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5498, p3
Reports on the decision of Honda of America Manufacturing Incorporated to shift startup production of the 1994 Accord model from September to August 1993. Initial production at assembly lines in Marysville, Ohio; Poor sales performance of the 1993 Accord; Difference of changeover techniques from...
- More Accords bound for overseas markets. // Ward's Auto World;Dec93, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p29
Announces plans by Honda of America Mfg. Inc. to export the Accord to more countries.
- Aluminum Tooling Proves Its Mettle. King, Darcy // Plastics Technology;Jul2009, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p48
The article focuses on the aluminum tooling products being offered by Unique Tool & Gauge for high-volume automotive injection molding. The company developed a polypropylene rear tray for Honda of America Manufacturing Inc. for its Honda Accord automobile. According to Unique Tool, it has worked...
- Honda agility earned car sales crown. Plume, Janet // Automotive News;6/26/1996 Special Issue 100 Events, Vol. 70 Issue 5666, p157
Focuses on the success of the Honda Accord automobile in the United States. Accord's place as the top-selling car in the US from 1989-91; Significance of Honda Motor Co.'s establishment of a auto plant in Ohio; Honda of America Manufacturing Co. president Shoichiro Irimajiri's management...
- Honda celebrates 25 years in America with eighth generation Accord. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Nov/Dec2007, following p18
The article reports on the celebration of the 25 years of manufacturing in the U.S. of Honda of America Mfg., starting November 2007. The company began producing motorcycles near Marysville, Ohio in 1979. Honda recently launched the eighth-generation Honda Accord automobile to mark its 25th...
- Cycle plant is honda's guinea pig. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;10/4/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 5841, p8
Reports on Honda of America Manufacturing Inc.'s re-engineering program for its automobile factories as of October 4, 1999. Company's plan to integrate the production of parts and vehicle assembly; Other companies' plan to adopt the concept.
- Strong demand for Civics puts Honda's flexibility test on hold. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;9/18/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5894, p31
Reports the delay in the renovation of the assembly plant for Honda of America Manufacturing Inc. in East Liberty, Ohio. Problems with capacity; Issues motivating the investment in flexible factories; Information on the production layout of the company.
- Honda poised to expand U.S. engine output. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;12/20/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5530, p30
Reports on the plan of Honda of America Manufacturing Inc. to expand its engine capacity at its Anna, Ohio drivetrain component plant in order to keep up with the expected car production. Plans of building more Accord and Civic vehicles at the Ohio facility; Plant's annual production of...