Stainless steel: More to come?
- Impact of biological factors on the ennoblement of stainless steel in Baltic seawater. Mattila, K; Carpen, L; Raaska, L; Alakomi, H-L; Hakkarainen, T; Salkinoja-Salonen, M S // Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology;Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p410
Open circuit potentials of stainless steels increased when immersed in the Baltic Sea. The ennoblement potential was +200 mVsce in 40 to 50 days when sea water temperature was below 52ï¿½C and +300ï¿½400 mVsce within <40 days at around 102ï¿½C. Ennoblement occurred in a laboratory...
- Duplex stainless steels. // Industrial Heating;Dec96, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p73
Reviews UNS S31803, duplex stainless steel from Rolled Alloys, which offers high resistance to stress cracking and sulfide corrosion with high strength twice that of common austenitic stainless steels. Examination of the steel's thermal conductivity.
- Magnetic properties of the austenitic stainless steels at cryogenic temperatures. Kobayashi, T.; Kobayashi, S.; Itoh, K.; Tsuchiya, K. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2002, Vol. 614 Issue 1, p92
The magnetization was measured for the austenitic stainless steel of SUS304, SUS304L, SUS316, and SUS316L with the temperature from 5K to 300K and the magnetic field from 0T to 10T. The field dependences of the magnetizations changed at about 0.7T and 4T. The dependence was analyzed with ranges...
- Improved machinable stainless steels. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb96, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p220
Features Carpenter Technology Corp.'s Project 7000 line of stainless steel. Machining of the steel; Composition of the alloys.
- Technology has steel shining like new. Puttre, Michael; Puttré, Michael // Design News;12/1/97, Vol. 53 Issue 24, p69
Presents information on stainless steel, while suggesting that suppliers are developing formulations of their products to improve strength, machinability, wear and corrsion resistance. Information from James Baker, president of Sandvik Incorporated; Details on products developed by Sandvik...
- Improved machinability offered by stainless type 203. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Jul97, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p246
Presents the Project 7000 brand of stainless steel from Carpenter Technology Corp. Quality of the product allowing improved steel machinability; Contact information.
- Stainless steel offers improved galling resistance, higher strength. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep95, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p234
Features Carpenter Technology Corp.'s Gall-Tough Plus stainless steel. Specifications; Contact information.
- ISSF: World Stainless Production Increases in Third Quarter. // Metal Center News;Jan2010, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p48
The article reports on the 15 percent decrease of the stainless steel production from January 2009 to September 2009 compared with January 2008 to September 2008 as revealed by the International Stainless Steel Forum (ISSF) in the U.S.
- Looks like stainless. Babyak, Richard J. // Appliance Manufacturer;Nov93, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p35
Presents cost-effective alternatives to stainless steel provided by suppliers of pre-finished metals. Lorin Industries' conversion of shutter doors of computer diskettes from stainless steel to AlumaPlus anodized aluminum; Steel plated with a satin chrome finish from Apollo Metals.