Are you communicating?
- Helping the New Foreman. Nicol, J.P. // Management Review;Sep65, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p68
No abstract available.
- Delivering unpleasant news to subordinates. Specht, David // Journal of Business (10756124);1/30/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 3, pB6
Provides guidelines for managers use to reduce stress for themselves in delivering bad news for employees. Advantages of documenting the priorities; Avoid to start a performance improvement plan when disappointed; Development of a learning environment; Responsibility of supervisors to maintain...
- Metamorphosis. Hosking, Robert // OfficePro;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p28
The article focuses on the factors to be considered when a person is making the transition from peer to boss. The author suggests to take a personal approach when handling a group of employees and to maintain a positive connection by promoting open communication. He recommends to seek the...
- 10 Bizarre Requests From Bosses. McCafferty, Dennis // CIO Insight;6/30/2014, p1
The article reports on a survey from CareerBuilder which shows that over 60 percent of surveyed employees are satisfied with the performance of their supervisors. Topics discussed include communication style as a major determining factor in employees' grading of their supervisors, percentage of...
- Become An Effective Communicator. // Successful Supervisor;Dec2009, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p5
The article provides tips for supervisors on how to become an efficient communicator within a workplace in the U.S. It advises to speak directly without mixing the messages. It suggests to expect big objections on a proposal by preparing extra ideas at its presentation. It also notes that...
- Open Up Communications To Boost Morale. // Successful Supervisor;Dec2009, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p7
The article provides tips for supervisors on how to boost the morale of employees through effective communication in the U.S. It advises to monitor the work of the employees for them to know your interest on their job. It suggests to conduct regular brief meetings and open-door policy. It...
- Can you teach your people to think smarter? Grillo, Carolyn // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the need for management to listen to the ideas of employees. Trap of learned context; Acceptance of feedback.
- Communication is key to helping employees understand benefit changes. Unke, Debra // Employee Benefits Journal;Mar1993, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p2
Offers guidelines for a communication program to help employees understand the benefit changes that are part of the economy. Careful planning; Employee listening factor; Focus groups; Testing prototype materials; Identifying objectives and key messages upfront; Improving injury management and...
- Communicating personal power. Haddock, Patricia // Supervision;Jul95, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p20
Provides tips on how to communicate personal power. Development of authority and assertiveness; Benefits of networking; Cultivation of a positive image; Communication skills.