Ten ways to improve employee morale
- Fun awards to boost employee morale. // PHC Profit Report;5/15/95, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p4
Offers several tips for boosting employee moral. Awarding employees with the neatest work areas; Throwing a party; Rewarding an employee achievement with a bottle of fine wine.
- Satisfaction action is.... // Marketing News;8/16/93, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p4
Presents six steps on how to boost employee morale. Article by Robert Liparulo in `Retail Focus' magazine; Job satisfaction important to management; Preparing for insignificant complaints; Follow-throughs; Delegation of duties; Establishing teams; Hiring outside people for some jobs.
- The happy curve. Davis, Jack C.; Organ, Dennis W. // Business Horizons;May/Jun95, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p1
Provides suggestions on how to raise the morale of employees. Differences in limits of a person's emotional curve; Plotting of the emotional curves of employees; Predictor of job satisfaction.
- Add some fun to your workday. Hayden, Deb // Secretary;May95, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p20
Presents guidelines in increasing employee morale in the United States. Includes declaring `Jeans Day'; Having a potluck lunch each month; Taking turns providing birthday treats.
- Getting to know you. Bernstrin, J.E. // Inc.;Nov88, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p167
Explains that employees, no matter how competent, can get demotivated because of misunderstandings. Offers tips to get employees working like a team. Symptoms; Cure. INSET: Employees rate Inc. 500 companies.;Seven ground rules..
- Role changes. Posner, B.G. // Inc.;Feb90, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p95
Describes some of the new ways companies are using to deal with employee turnover. G.S.I. Transcomm Data Systems Inc.'s practice of encouraging bored or frustrated workers to switch jobs within the company; Examples; Importance of communication;Prevention of boredom and frustration. INSET: Why...
- Keeping spirits up when times are down. Caudron, Shari // Personnel Journal;Aug96, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p26
Discusses ways of keeping the high morale of employees. Focus on positive objectives; Emphasis on competition; Development of good leaders; Listening to employees benefits customers.
- Building morale off-site. Buchholz, Barbara B. // Crain's Small Business -- Chicago Edition;Sep96, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p18
Presents information on how companies allowing employees time from work to work on nonprofit projects increases employee morale. Reference of the experience of Cy Boroff and his four employees who took part in a program; Description of other benefits which can be derived.
- Managers' morale mistakes. Peters, Shannon // Personnel Journal;Apr94, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p16
Identifies the ways in which managers damage employees' morale. Criticizing in front of others; Being dishonest; Taking credit for others' work; Being inaccessible; Showing favoritism.
- How upbeat is your workplace? Ensman, Richard G. // Journal of Property Management;May/Jun96, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p14
States that one of the most elusive qualities of ensuring a good office environment is morale. Impact of conscious effort; How morale is rated in a company; Completion of quiz to certify morale; Basic morale boosters. INSET: Is everybody happy?..