Avoiding Potential Pitfalls of the Durable Power of Attorney
- Minding Your 'Alpha-Bets' Gresham, Stephen D. // On Wall Street;Mar2005, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p70
Presents guidelines for financial advisors on adding value to services beyond their clients' expectations. Importance of the ability of advisors to proactively provide clients with good ideas; Suggestions on the creation of critical objectives for clients; Opportunities offered by the number of...
- Building client relationships--from the ground up. // Money Management;11/27/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p36
Reports on the client relationship established by financial planners in Australia. List of high profile jobs compared to financial planning; Problem experienced with a planner.
- Smart Ways to Bring in 2nd Generation Clients. Rozen, Miriam // Financial-planning.com;11/27/2015, p4
The article presents tips from financial experts on how should financial consultants be able to forge relationship with the children of their clients for handling its inheritance and asset value.
- FORM: Durable Power of Attorney for Finances. // Get It Together;2012, pW13
A worksheet regarding durable power of attorney for finances of planners is presented which appears in the book "Get It Together." The required information includes other financial power of authority, document title, agents' name, alternate agents' name and location of copies of the document.
- Financial planning's domino effect. Griffin, Ray // Money Management;3/29/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p16
The article discusses the impact of a financial planner's advice on the family of the client receiving it. He says that a good financial planning advice is beneficial to the immediate and extended families of the client. The Financial Planning Association (FPA) claims that its members provide...
- Be Your Brand. Leder, Gerri // On Wall Street;Mar2005, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p71
Focuses on the importance of building an identity for financial advisors. Role of positioning in explaining an approach to a business which is different from competitors; Factors for determining the brand personality of a financial advisor; Advice on practicing a business philosophy aimed at...
- Curbing Conflict. Bearden, Frank C. // Financial Planning;Nov2006, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p111
The article focuses on addressing conflicts of interest between financial planners and their clients. It is claimed that the primary solution in such incident is by removing the source of conflict. If the source is irremovable, a planner should disclose the conflict with his client, resign with...
- Your Money. LUSTER, BRIAN; ABERNATHY, STEVEN // Medical Economics;4/25/2012, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p49
The article focuses on the role of financial adviser in developing the wealth of their clients and presents some steps to ascertain if the financial adviser was acting on the behalf of the client. The author mentions the article by Greg Smith, executive of the investment firm Goldman Sacs,...
- Taking the Negativity Out of "No!". LAPIN, RAPHAEL // Research;Jan2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p59
The article offers tips on how to manage the relationship between clients and their financial advisors in a authentic and transparent manner. It emphasizes the importance of knowing how to say no positively and constructively. It suggests to acknowledge the client's point-of-view by listening...