Innovations in Financial Planning
- State Street Rolls Out Funds. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;2/11/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, pN.PAG
Reports that investment adviser State Street Research & Management Co. has introduced two funds, Institutional Large Cap Analyst Fund and Concentrated International Equity Fund. Approach adopted by institutional fund; Companies in which concentrated fund invests; Additional funds offered by the...
- State Street Takes Sub-advisor Slot. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;5/27/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the appointment of State Street Research & Management Co. as subadvisor to ScotiaMcLeod's Pinnacle American Mid Cap Value Equity fund.
- Top five reasons consumers call AIC. Patchett, Robert // Canadian Property Valuation;2008, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p34
The author states five reasons why the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) receives enquiries from customers. He states that some customers are not able to receive a copy for an appraisal and encourages members to consult professional standards about confidential appraisal reports. He also...
- Aifa urges freedom of choice on payment. McMillan, Paul // Money Marketing;5/3/2007, p18
The article reports on the release of the retail distribution review proposals of the Association of Independent Financial Advisers (AIFA) that set no regulation for consumers payment in Great Britain. According to AIFA chairman John Gummer, the firms should have the freedom to decide how they...
- Are Financial Planners Prepared for Retirement?…. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p15
This article presents on the preparedness of financial planners for retirement. According to a study prepared for the International Association for Financial Planning, nearly a third of today's planners could be retired within five years, and half could be retired by the end of ten years. There...
- Planners to join Schoolies. // Money Management;7/21/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p40
Reports on efforts of the Financial Planning Association to increase financial literacy in Australia. Benefits of life in the financial planning industry; Appeal of financial planning to younger generation.
- Fiduciary Campaign Underway. // Accounting Today;7/23/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 13, Special section p9
This article announces that the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) has official launched its second annual consumer-oriented public service campaign to education the people in the U.S. about the need for financial professionals to hold themselves to a fiduciary standard....
- super advisers out in the cold. // Money Management;8/13/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p17
In this article, the author discusses the different services offered by corporate superannuation advisers (CSAs) in Australia. He states the different situations that reflect the advantages and disadvantages of services offered by CSAs to clients. He comments that these situations are full of...
- No advice there then. Kean, Tom // Money Marketing;10/10/2013, p35
The author comments on a client's attraction to the Money Advice Service (MAS) for advice, the client's subsequent efforts online that left him so full of doubt, and the apparent failure of some British agencies to clarify what financial advisers do for the consumers.