- DISTRIBUTIONAL TAX PROGRESSIVITY INDEXES. Kiefer, Donald W. // National Tax Journal;Dec84, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p497
This article analyzes the characteristics and policy implications of the distributional tax progressivity indexes which have previously been used in the literature. The findings are that the indexes are not consistent with one another and that, in many cases, their social welfare and policy...
- 'Retirement plan rescue' saves a ton of taxes. Blackman, Irving L. // Contractor Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p34
This article offers ideas on addressing taxation issues in a qualified retirement plan. Information is presented on the positive and negative aspects of having a substantial amount in a retirement plan. The subtrust strategy is explained, as well as the core concept behind the retirement plan...
- Q&Aâ€¦. // Money Management;11/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p36
The article presents an answer to a question related to pensions in Australia. A question has been asked by a reader regarding the tax components of an ordinary eligible termination payment that a client can cash out from pension. The recipients of pension are limited to specific components such...
- Warning that new pensions may not give IHT freedom. Phillipps, James // Money Marketing;10/7/2004, p76
Reports on financial adviser's caution against family-based occupational pension schemes in Great Britain. Possibility of inheritance tax liability; Cost concerns; Advantages of the scheme for financially-secured individuals.
- WEEKLY UPDATE. McCarthy, Warren // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/15/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6569, p51
The article provides advice on the issue of downsizing the family home in Australia. This issue comes up as the foremost consideration of the after-tax superannuation opportunity of up to $1 million before June 30, 2007. Emotional attachment to a family home needs to be left behind for a better...
- ANALYZING AND MEASURING THE INEQUALITY IN INCOME DISTRIBUTION. Blagun, I. S.; Dmytryshyn, L. I. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Apr2013, Vol. 142 Issue 4, p192
The article considers and analyzes the classical income inequality indicators and offers a distribution model which improves the economic and statistical methods of analysis for population income in the context of grounding the income differentiation indicators both by structure and time.
- Wage inequality in Latin America: a decade of changes. Contreras, Dante; Gallegos, Sebastián // CEPAL Review;Apr2011, Issue 103, p27
This work helps to explain the determinants of wage distribution in Latin America in the 1990s. The study employs the basic model of wage variance decomposition developed by Fields (2002), on the basis of an estimated Mincer wage equation adjusted for selection bias, which enables quantification...
- Turning on the TAPs. Kelly, Ross // Money Management;9/16/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p15
Reports on the launch of term allocated pensions (TAP) in Australia. Concept of TAP; Comment of Richard Gilbert, chief executive of the Investment and Financial Services Association, regarding the pension scheme; Estimated number of Australians with money in retirement income stream.
- Super and the pension. FREEMAN, PETER // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2011, Issue 132, p78
The article discusses the role of a part pension on retirement planning in Australia. According to Bridges Personal Investment Services technical services manager Donald Lobo, many retirees depend on a part pension to generate an acceptable retirement income. However, Lobo warns that pension...