European Information Giants Merge
- Reed Elsevier likely to hold on to IPC because of UK tax regulations. Griffiths, Anna // Campaign;10/17/97, Issue 42, p4
Reports on industry analysts' remarks concerning speculation that Reed Elsevier may sell its consumer magazine arm, IPC, in light of its pending merger with Wolters Kluwer. Analysts' claim that Reed Elsevier is not likely to sell IPC but will concentrate on consolidation its position as the...
- Proposed Reed Elsevier/Wolters Kluwer Merger Abandoned. // Information Today;Apr98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
Announces that the proposed merger between Reed Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer has been abandoned after decisions made by the boards of Reed International plc, Elsevier NV, and Wolters Kluwer NV. Stategies which the companies will continue to pursue.
- Reed Elsevier, Wolters Kluwer to Merge into Megapublisher. Poynder, Richard // Information Today;Nov97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on the proposed merger between publishing houses Reed Elsevier and rival Wolters Kluwer. Value and terms of merger; Benefits of merger to both companies; Number of persons who will be employed due to merger.
- Reed Elsevier, Wolters call off merger. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Apr98, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p4
Presents information on the cancellation of the merger between Reed Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer. Reason for the cancellation; Indication of a statement made by both companies.
- Timetable set for Reed-WK merger. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p11
Reports on the likelihood of a merger between Reed Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer. Steps that are being taken to speed the process; Outline of the merger calendar; Sales and employment figures for 1997.
- The costs of growth. Samborn, Hope Viner // ABA Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the consolidation of Reed Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer scheduled for the beginning of 1998. Information about Thompson Corp. with which Elsevier Wolters Kluwer is set to compete; Reason why many say that the deal is a good fit for both companies; Fears of law librarians regarding the...
- Reed merges with Dutch giant. Cassidy, Neil; Garigliano, Jeff // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;11/15/97, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p13
Looks at the proposed merger between the two publishing companies, Reed Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer which would form a combined company with $7 billion in annual sales. Name of the merged company to be Elsevier Wolters Kluwer; Business operations of both companies; How the acquisition would...
- Euro trade merger falls apart. Fontes, Robyn // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Spring98 Special Report, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p13
Reports that in April 1998 the proposed merger between Reed Elsevier P.L.C. and Wolters Kluwer N.V. collapsed. Description of the entity that would have been formed if the merger had succeeded; Position of both companies under the merger agreement; Media analysts' position on the companies and...
- Wolters Kluwer and Reed Elsevier cancel merger plans. // Online;May/Jun98, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p11
Reports that two publishing agencies, Wolters Kluwer and Reed Elsevier, announced during March, 1998 the dismissal of their merger plans. Reason for this cancellation; Reference to concerns by the European Commission in relation to the planned merger; Details on what would have happened if the...