An ad agency pitches for the virtual office
- `FutureVisioneering' your career for the new millennium. Kruk, Leonard B. // Secretary;Jan96, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p6
Discusses how office technologies have affected the role of an office professional. Use of computer and communications technologies to expand jobs; Revolutionary changes in companies due to emerging technological information.
- Chiat/Day sets its site. Taylor, Cathy; McCarthy, Michael // Adweek Western Edition;2/20/95, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the launching of the Chiat/Day Idea Factory on-line site on the World Wide Web. Graphics and access features; Network address.
- Giving up the corner office. Schoofs, Mark // Esquire;Nov94, Vol. 122 Issue 5, p42
Spotlights the layout of the Manhattan, New York City headquarters of the Chiat/Day advertising agency. Design attitude adopted to compensate for elimination of private territory; Description of layout; Technological innovations employed in `virtual workstation' governing operations; Added...
- Monitoring's emphasis on tech gives it business advantages. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov1997 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p144
Cites the findings of a study on technology's advantages for small and mid-sized businesses conducted by Enterprise Group and National Small Business United. Comparison on the profits and sales performance levels of small and mid-sized companies; Higher revenues of companies using high technology.
- Fast packets. // Network World;05/08/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p3
Presents news briefs pertaining to the network industry. Details on shipping of a wristwatch PC by Seiko Instruments Incorporated in June, 1998; Features of MagicTalk, a user interface from General Magic Incorporated; Approval given to beta tests by the United States (US) postal services...
- Technology keeps sales people more accessible to their clients. Mirhadi, David // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/20/98, Issue 322292, p11
Focuses on the effects of technology on businesses in Fresno, California. Increase in demand for telecommunication services from sales professionals; Features of AT&T Wireless Services' digital cellular phone service; Growing use of the Internet as a sales tool.
- The power of information. Bartholomew, Doug // Industry Week/IW;05/04/98, Vol. 247 Issue 9, p43
Opinion. Comments on the installation of an enterprise-resource-planning (ERP) system in a company. Indication that information from ERP can be used in the business in any number of ways; Percentage of investments in information technology which are designed to achieve a competitive edge;...
- Innovate or else. Birchfield, Reg // NZ Business;Jul98, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p10
Presents the findings of a survey of New Zealand500 companies in relation to how they respond to innovation. Benefits of innovation to business growth; Impact of being innovative on the fortunes of some companies; What being innovative involves; Details on a successful innovation strategy;...
- Exploring life on the MUDs and MOOs. McMullen, John F. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p14
Focuses on the growth of the use of Multi-User Dimension-Object Oriented (MOOs) in businesses. Improvement in development tools; Existence of international cyberspace communities in MOOs.