- Big brown's union blues. Pedersen, Daniel // Newsweek;8/18/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p50
Report on the United Parcel Service strike of 1997. Quality of job creation and narrowing the gap between upper and second tier workers part of the Teamsters demands; How they believe this can be accomplished; Executives' belief that the strike is over management of the company's annual pension...
- Impact of trucker strike neglible. // Wood & Wood Products;May94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the impact of the strike by Teamster truck drivers. Absence of difficulty in manufacturers' shipping of products to their customers; Companies' shift to overnighting goods and using non-union Less than Truck Load drivers.
- Unions spin off track. Kyriakopoulos, Vikki // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/18/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6063, p22
Discusses the public transport strike during the formula one grand prix in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. The injury that the strike inflicted on union-government relations in Victoria as proving critical; Attendance of Labor leader John Brumby at the race as a guest of the unions; The issue...
- New Yorkers ready their Rollerblades. Marks, Alexandra; Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;12/14/99, Vol. 92 Issue 14, p2
Reports threats by transit workers in New York City to strike on December 15, 1999 unless they receive a substantial wage hike.
- HOT sheet. Mullen, Jim // Entertainment Weekly;10/24/2003, Issue 734, p12
Presents a commentary on several issues, such as the strike staged by public transportation workers in Los Angeles, California.
- Ports fear spread of strike at Yusen Terminal in L.A. // Traffic World;9/25/95, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p38
Reports on the possibility of spread of strike at Yusen Terminal in Los Angeles, California. Bid of the contract workers to become part of the West Coast longshore contract; Limitation of negotiations to individual port districts.
- Zut Alors! Parisians pick survival over channel. Chaddock, Gail Russell // Christian Science Monitor;12/18/95, Vol. 88 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the transit strike of 1995 in Paris which is forcing Parisians to equip themselves to walk for long hours due to the public transport disruptions, as reported on December 18, 1995. History of other transit strikes in Paris; People's opinion on the same.
- Soften the blow of strikes. // Management Today;Sep97, p12
Focuses on the proactiveness of a contingency plan to counteract strike action within by transportation workers. Details on strikes in that sector; Comments from Mervyn Walker, director of human resources at British Airways (BA); Effectiveness of implementing a backup work force in case of a...
- Toronto Strike Ends. // Traffic World;11/23/98, Vol. 256 Issue 8, p40
Reports the strike conducted by support workers in the Pearson Airport in Toronto, Ontario. Agreement with the Greater Toronto Airport Authority; Implementation of wage increase; Details on the administrative functions of airport employees.